Author Topic: requesting lookup for canada census after 1920  (Read 6487 times)

Offline dalybabe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
requesting lookup for canada census after 1920
« on: Monday 14 February 05 11:44 GMT (UK) »
hi i am trying to trace the where abouts of a great uncle who enlisted in the canadian over-seas expeditionary force in september of 1914 his name was fred/frederick jefferis. I have his enlistment details and the battalion he was in was the 12th, but now i will like some help as to whether he stayed in canada after world war 1 or whether he returned home to bristol england.  I would really appreciate some help as this person was the missing link that we have been searching almost a year for

thanks

dalybabe ;D
drummond/jefferis/dewar/thomas/waterfield/glubb/welman/harding

Offline Tom V

• RootsChat Extra
  • Vancouver
    • View Profile
Re: requesting lookup for canada census after 1920
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 22 February 05 06:52 GMT (UK) »
Sorry to tell you that the 1921 Canadian Census will not be released to the public until about 2022.  A few years back, Canadians that leave their credit card slips hanging from fuel pumps at petrol stations lobied for a privacy law which does not allow the release of census data until after 100 years.

I see a Frederick Jefferies is in the US 1920 census at Port Huron, Michigan.  His age is listed at only 22 though.  He is a boarder in a house and possibly they didn't know his exact age when reporting.  They list him as from England, but with no county or town data.  This fellow has an occupation of railroad steamfitter which could fit with your relatives claim to be a machinist when he was in Valcartier, Quebec.

Port Huron is at the south end of Huron Lake accros the river from Sarinia, Ontario Canada and about 58 miles north of Detroit.
Sussex - Barnes, Playford, Noakes
Kent- Fuggle
Shropshire/Montgomeryshire - Davies, Edwards
Lancashire - Morgan

Offline krissy

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Krissy always in the clouds
    • View Profile
Re: requesting lookup for canada census after 1920
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 February 05 10:18 GMT (UK) »
just to say a great big :-* thankyou for that help, thought i was never going to get a reply i will check the usa for him and will let you know, :-*
dalybabe
jefferis, jefferies, harding, dewar.drummond, waterfield,wright