Author Topic: Where would I start, if I can? (post in 3 posts)  (Read 19802 times)

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Where would I start, if I can? (post in 3 posts)
« Reply #126 on: Saturday 07 March 09 03:22 GMT (UK) »
so I'm thinking, was she in England before she came out? Duh,,,there's a Winterbourne about 12 miles from Elora in Woolwich, Waterloo....so perhaps her birth (Christina's) can be found there...I imagine the trains opened up all kinds of avenues if you know what I mean, nudge nudge wink wink....
Anyway she probably laid low preggies & then with the baby for a while until they married a wee bit later...although I'm sure all the townspeople knew about it anyway...She might be going by middle name on the 1871, who knows.
Actually, she may well have been with the also absent Christine Webster

Thanks for finishing it up that we got the right papa...It was pretty certain we were on with Jane, but her absense prior to marriage made it tough to know for sure...
Nice going every one. I really enjoyed this thread, and hope Jane, Christine & Margaret forgive our nosiness...
Hope they had good lives, that's all that counts, really...

:D Big Hugs to all, J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Sheri W

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Saturday 08 June 24 03:01 BST (UK) »
Hi.

I'm the grandaughter of Maggie McIntosh (Bryans) and great-grandaughter of Christina McIntosh Vickers.  What information are you looking for?

Offline Sheri W

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Saturday 08 June 24 03:09 BST (UK) »
The picture of the little girl standing by the chair is not my grandmother Maggie, that is her mother Christina McIntosh Vickers

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Monday 10 June 24 01:08 BST (UK) »
   Welcome to Rootschat, Sheri... This is a 15 YR. OLD thread, so not sure if Daisy Loo is still available as she's not been active on here for 7 years...but I'll contact her through personal message to see if she is available to join in. (May have changed email addresses) In the meanwhile, you could read through all the pages from the beginning to see what information we found despite the incomplete resources we had back then! ( 8) Biased, but I think we all did rather well! 8)) All the best J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline Sheri W

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Monday 10 June 24 01:37 BST (UK) »
Hi JJ,
Wow, I had no idea how old the post was.  How are you related to my family?  I do alot of research mostly on Ancestry.  I'm not familiar with this platform but will try.  I'm in Canada.  Where are you from?

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Thursday 13 June 24 19:10 BST (UK) »
JJ I am still online and using the same email address I would love a reply on any of my threads old or new :D

Hi Sheri,

You reply as much as you like if none of us took a chance in life with anything we would not get very far !! So long as a member has not changed email address they will be notified of a reply ;)

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Friday 14 June 24 02:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Sarah...I think you've misunderstood my replies.  I often contact people who haven't replied yet, as notifications can get turned off when the site gets busy. It happens all the time!!! I did contact Daisy Loo & she's not yetanswered me, or the post. She's not been on here for many years as I'd said earlier.
   The post you deleted for some reason was a reply to Sheri?

a recent reply to one of my personal messages letting someone know about a reply on their thread
...Thank you 🙏🏼 thatís kind of you to let me know

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Sunday 16 June 24 14:19 BST (UK) »
   Hi Sheri, I'll answer your question again...
   I am not related, although some of the replies you find on the thread might be from relatives...Usually they identify themselves as such in their first reply. Those that answered are mostly Rootschatters from Canada, but many also popped in from other countries as well to add their expertise to the mix! Have you read through the entire thread? I only read a few pages in, but saw that we were enjoying the hunt immensely! Had a wee tear when I saw Liverpool Annie replied as she's no longer with us. ( many of us have been on here a couple of decades or more!)
    Enjoy the site. There are instructions on the main forum page & a search at the top of the page ( try different spellings ) All the best J.J.
   https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php