Author Topic: Immigrant Marriages  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Berlin-Bob

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Immigrant Marriages
« on: Monday 14 February 05 12:47 GMT (UK) »
I got this in the UK-BMD Update Newsletter.  Although this specifically refers to Yorkshire, the bit that I have emphasised could possibly (hopefully !) apply to other counties aswell:

Dear all,
the Yorkshire BMD web site now has the updated marriage search software which was announced last week.

Many of the Leeds marriages make interesting reading when using this feature. It looks like there are many immigrants marrying and both their original names and anglicised versions are shown. I hope that some of you can make good use of this extra information.

Happy Hunting !

regards,
Ian Hartas

For more details of updated marriage search software see the
UK-BMD Update Newsletter:  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,19435.0.html
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline landgirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Immigrant Marriages
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 March 05 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bob
i did not have any luck finding my German immigrant family on bmd E.yorks .I badly need Where i can get info on gt grandad who was a German Merchant seaman Around 1868/1879, this info should be in germany . but where any help on rootschat as to where in germany.are m.n. lists. found zilch about him. no d.o.b  he used to sail into Hull to see gt  grandma and his son allrecords burned in anger in hope.
 LANDGIRL