Author Topic: A List of My Cambridgeshire Names  (Read 27331 times)

Offline Racing Girl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: A List of My Cambridgeshire Names
« Reply #36 on: Monday 12 September 11 19:18 BST (UK) »
I had a good look over my tree at lunch Roger and the only Emma Hancock I have was born in 1851 and so couldn't have married in 1857.  The closest I can get to Hephzibah is a Hezekiah who was male, so I don't think she's mine either, at least not a direct Hancock at any rate, probably still mine though.  Be interested to see what else the Bottisham records show when they get here.

Cheers
Brenda
Durham/NBL - Cummin(g)s, Stokoe, Burdess, Embleton, Stirrup, Bewick, Doney, Lumsdon, Laws, Bloomfield, Hunter, Henderson, Mosman
Lancashire - Stirrup, Molyneux, Rudd, Golding
Cambs - Palmer, Butler, Levitt, Golding, Skeel,  Howard, Hancock, Bowers, Norton, Colman, Peachey, Crane
Surrey - Palmer
Berks - Cruttwell, Bunce, Batten
IOW - Roach, Robinson
Cornwall - Doney, Gumb, Goyne
S Wales - Thomas, Dickinson (via Cumbria)
Coastguard Families: Clark, Fuller, Grant

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 13 September 11 19:24 BST (UK) »
Brenda, my major interests in the Cambridgeshire area are the surnames Ayres and Cornwell, you will find once you get the Bottisham records that the degreee of intermarriage between these families and including Hancock, Hart and Harvey and many others is quite staggering. Virtually the whole village is related to itself, my research has shown that as a result of this situation I am my own 4th cousin. No doubt you will find many similar interconnections.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline matron123

• RootsChat Member
  • My grandad Harry Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 07 January 12 01:16 GMT (UK) »
Hello I have a Caroline Palmer married to a jeremiah Parr and a Margaret Palmer married to a William Parr. Caroline  was married in 1862 in the Newmarket District and Margaret was married 1752 in Burwell. An Emily Watts who married a James Butler in 1871 at Bottisham. A Priscilla Levitt who married in 1857 in the Newmarket district. Ann Parr born 1800 at Exning is my 4 x Great Grand Mother. Please contact me if you are interested in these people
Sheila
JACKSON OF SUFFOLK, REYNOLDS OF CAMBRIDGE, PILCHER OF KENT, GOSTICK OF BEDFORDSHIRE AND LINCS, UNWIN OF ESSEX AND CAMBRIDGE, PRIME OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WARD OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WOLFE OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE

Offline Racing Girl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 23 January 12 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sheila
We do have some of the same people in our trees.  Margaret Palmer and William Parr and direct ancestors of my husband, their dau Ann married Edward Petchey (Peachey).  I don't have a Caroline Palmer yet, but I haven't traced all the Palmer line forward as there are so many of them it becomes a bit complicated and I don't want to end up just guessing!

Don't have the James Butler from Bottisham, but he could be related.  Priscilla Levitt married Henry Mansfield and I have four children from them.  She's the dau of James Livett, my husbands line goes through James' younger brother John.

Regards,
Brenda
Durham/NBL - Cummin(g)s, Stokoe, Burdess, Embleton, Stirrup, Bewick, Doney, Lumsdon, Laws, Bloomfield, Hunter, Henderson, Mosman
Cambs - Palmer, Butler, Levitt, Golding, Skeel,  Howard, Hancock, Bowers, Norton, Colman, Peachey, Crane
Surrey - Palmer
IOW - Roach, Robinson

Offline matron123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 23 January 12 15:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello Brenda, Jane Mansfield daughter of James and Emma married William Reynolds (my single name) in 1879 at Newmarket district cambs. They had one daughter Maud Florence Reynolds. Caroline Palmer married another Jeremiah Parr in 1862. He was the son of William Parr and Jane Sargeant.
JACKSON OF SUFFOLK, REYNOLDS OF CAMBRIDGE, PILCHER OF KENT, GOSTICK OF BEDFORDSHIRE AND LINCS, UNWIN OF ESSEX AND CAMBRIDGE, PRIME OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WARD OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WOLFE OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE

Offline Racing Girl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 16:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sheila
Do you happen to know who the other children of James Mansfield and Emma Peachey were?  I've only got Jane (1858), Saul (1864) and Watson (1865).

Thanks
Brenda
Surrey - Palmer
IOW - Roach, Robinson

Offline matron123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Yes I have a few more children. Edward John Mansfield 1847 (his parents were married in 1850) wondered if James could have been married before)
1850, James Lauleus Mansfield 1851, Luke 1853, Jane 1858, Saul 1864 and Watson 1865.
On the 1861 census there is an Edward Peachy born abt 1850 son in law. This is a little confusing.

Offline matron123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Sorry its James Zaccheus Mansfield

Offline matron123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Sorry its James Zaccheus Mansfield