Author Topic: HMS Anking WW2  (Read 43362 times)

Offline spadge1964

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HMS Anking WW2
« Reply #54 on: Monday 07 December 20 12:33 GMT (UK) »
21 days,

Thanks for posting the excerpt from your father's diary. My great-uncle was Leading Seaman (Richard / Dick) Bridge who was on the lifeboat with your father and it is unfathomable what these sailors endured.

Offline FreddieRoy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 12 August 21 14:04 BST (UK) »
Hello, my father was a survivor of the sinking of HMS Anking. He was a New Zealander. I have a copy of an account of the battle and sinking. Also, I have a copy of the list of survivors. These documents were obtained from the NZ War Museum. I am happy to provide copies to anyone interested.
I found details of the sinking in a book "The Escape from Singapore" written by Richard Gough and am interested to know of any other publications which might provide information on my father's time based in Singapore, before the invasion and of his escape to Batavia, and sinking of HMS Anking. His name is George Stanley Trotman

Offline Anthonyc572

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 09 August 22 16:23 BST (UK) »
Spadge Richard (dick) bridge was my grandad I’m more than happy to help with anything you need from this part of the family thanks to you I’ve found he was on the anking and many other things feel free to message me