Author Topic: Connolly  (Read 2331 times)

Offline higgi

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Connolly
« on: Saturday 28 February 09 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Connolly is my mothers madain name and was born in Aillenacally, Roundstone, near Clifden, Co Galway, in the parish of Moyrus. Mum, Bridget Nora Connolly (1931), was one or 7 children born to Peter Jack Connolly c1884-1962 and Nora nee Barrett c 1902-1976, from Minish. Mum went to school in Tombola and worked in the knitting factory in Roundstone from the age of 14 years old.
Any kind folks out there who may point me in the right direction?
Cheers,
Jim Higgins

Offline Notinpastyet

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Connolly
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 March 09 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jim & Welcome to RC. I found looking around on the net some bits of info that maybe a link for your research --- on the galwaywest.bregenealogy.com,they have one Peter born  Carna 1884 + one in 1901 &1911 census for Moyrus (now this site charge 5euro to view the records)If Carna is the right parish for Peter,you will also find if you google O'Dennells in the Carna Parish Co Galway,there  is some Connolly's listed on there records.Griffiths Valuation have quite a few Barretts listed at Mweenish Moyrus.Good luck Nipy

Offline Notinpastyet

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Connolly
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 March 09 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi once more,sorry to double post but just had a look on familysearch.org (LDS site) typed in family surnames under Moyrus, Connolly's -listed 27 & Barrett's 7,worth a follow up ah ,Cheers Nipy