Author Topic: Incoming passengers from US  (Read 721 times)

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Incoming passengers from US
« on: Monday 02 March 09 22:58 GMT (UK) »
I read a post on the US boards that there are incoming passenger lists in the UK, possibly on Ancestry,  and was hoping someone could look and see if Morris (Maurice) Clotzman (Klotzman)returned around 1900 and if so, was anyone travelling with him.  Morris is said to have returned to England while still a child, to have eye surgery.  He was born abt 1888 and his mother  (Sara) is said to have divorced his father (maybe Joseph Clotzman) and remarried Abraham (Abram) Lubin either in England or the US circa 1892.  I am aware of a marriage certificate listed on the US site,  italiangen.org,  but haven't sent for it as of yet.  I have all of the census data on Sara and Abram Lubin, but it would be nice to confirm this family story.

Thanking you in advance,

Genealiza
Atkinson, Wearing/Warton Lanc, :Hayhurst,Kendall/Kirkby Lonsdale West,Barrow-in-Furness Lanc

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Spidermonkey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Incoming passengers from US
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 March 09 09:10 GMT (UK) »
Hiya,

just had a look for Morris & Maurice Klotzman, Clotzman and Lubin bn 1888 +/- 5 arriving 1900 +/- 5 but with no results.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 March 09 10:56 GMT (UK) »
Had a look here:
http://www.smallandspecial.org/
but didn't see him under Clotzman/Klotzman/Lubin.

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/
 - his birth is registered Mar 1889 quarter (could include a late 1888 birth) in Mile End, London.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Genealiza

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 03 March 09 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Spidermonkey and Jorose,

Thank you for taking the time to look.  I appreciate it.  I've seen the birth on Free BMD and have considered ordering it, but as of yet, haven't.  I was just trying to confirm this family story of my dau-in-law's family.

Genealiza
Atkinson, Wearing/Warton Lanc, :Hayhurst,Kendall/Kirkby Lonsdale West,Barrow-in-Furness Lanc