Author Topic: Womack - West Derby  (Read 12908 times)

Offline carussel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Womack - West Derby
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 09:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Jason
Just a little more info, the information regarding brothers & sisters of my grandfather Joseph Glover Womack...we found this info from the records of Barnardo's re the Home Children ( of which Joseph and Sarah were) sorry a

Offline carussel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 09:50 BST (UK) »
Further to my last message...don't know what happened.....the info from Barnardo's was that Mary was living at 44 Wilfer street and that they presumed that her youngest child William was living with her. Arthur was not about or did not want to be found according to a friend Mr T Jack...something seemed to be awry with the family.
I have relatives still in Liverpool...also have been in contact with relo's in Canada recently ( from Sarah your grandfathers older sister)
I really must get back to the Family History....just have to find the time and the money.

Regards

Carol

Offline woey1970

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 10:43 BST (UK) »
Flamin eck!!

Thanks Carol, you seem to have gotten a lot further than i have. You can find my tree on Genes Reunited if you want to have a look, you prob have more info than me tho. I will keep digging tho, would be interesting to find out what happened after 1911, prob have to wait till the 1921 census.

Jason

Offline carussel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 06 April 11 12:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Jason

Sorry I din't start when my Mum and Dad were still around, although Granddad did not speak about his younger life very much.
I don't know if I told you that Ggrandmother Womack remarried in 1912(I think that's right), To a Thomas Billington and she later remarried again.

Regards

Carol

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 07 April 11 07:11 BST (UK) »
Thomas Billington and Mary Womack married in Our Lady and St Nicholas and St Anne in 1912
www.lancashirebmd.org.uk
allan :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline franw

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 09 January 12 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Have been researching womack family history and traced roots back to Norfolk. Husbands family starts with Fredrick Thomas Womack born 1914 son of Mary Agnes Womack of Alfred St Liverpool her father was James Womack born 1885 Liverpool  married to Elizabeth Edwards. James's father was Arthur Womack born 1825 Liverpool who originated in Norfolk. Womack family are a very old norfolk family going back as far as 15th century.

Offline witch 1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 12 July 13 22:33 BST (UK) »
hello, i have just started to do my family when i came across this message. A lot of my relations lived in wilfer street. My great grandmother at 42 on the 1911 census until her death in 1964. A   great uncle lived at 70 about 1920 until about 1949 than one of his sons lived there until 1970. Another relation lived at 58 and 29. Their name is mccormick. I will ask some of my older relations if the know the family and will get back to you.

Offline jimporter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 07 October 14 16:26 BST (UK) »
Re-Womack-West Derby,
I am Married to Jean Womack, who is the daughter of Thomas Arthur Womack ,Married to Jessie Daley 1927. they had five children. They moved from Liverpool in 1940, to Preston, Lancashire.

Offline acia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 28 April 18 23:40 BST (UK) »
Is anyone on this topic related to William Thomas Arthur Womack?  I have no idea of his age or where he was born but I do know that he served with 99 Squadron during WWII. He was involved in a Wellington bomber crash near where I live in Northumberland.

I am trying to trace any photos of him for my research.

Kind Regards,

Jim