Author Topic: David Green, footballer Shrewsbury Town  (Read 3628 times)

Offline adriatikfan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
David Green, footballer Shrewsbury Town
« on: Tuesday 15 February 05 20:57 GMT (UK) »
It now seems possible that my grandfather David Green played football for Shrewbury Town FC sometime between 1918 and 1930.

Does anyone have any records etc., they could possibley refer to please or any other information.

Best Wishes
David Foley

Offline rachie77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: David Green, footballer Shrewsbury Town
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 February 05 15:33 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried contacting the club?

they have a website but i couldnt find any contact details on there, the only email address was regarding suggesting club legends (players) so may be worth a go???

legend@shrewsburytown.co.uk

http://www.shrewsburytown.co.uk/

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 February 05 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,
             I have the official history of Shrewsbury Town but unfortunately it does not have appearance records of the years you mention. There are a couple of first team photographs from the 1920s and also quite a lot of writing about that period and all goalscorers but no mention anywhere of David Green. That is not to say that he did not play for Shrewsbury as he was probably a member of the Reserve team with possibly an occasional first-team appearance as is often the case when someone is reputed to have played for a certain club. First team regulars are usually common knowledge. A chap named Kevin Davies did all the research for the statistics and I am sure someone at the club would be able to put you in touch with him as I am positive he would be able to help you.
                           Good luck,
                                           Al in Vane 

Offline Al in Vane

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 28 February 05 17:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
   I have further looked at the Who's Who of the Football League 1919-1939 and ther is no mention of a David green so obviously he did not play in that competition for Shrewsbury or any other club. As I said previously, he probably spent most of his time there in the Reserves.
                                                Regards, Al in Vane