Author Topic: PERRETT - COMPLETE  (Read 4567 times)

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
Re: PERRETT - Somerset to Wiltshire
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 March 09 12:07 GMT (UK) »
WOW, Jill, that's a bonus...

as a matter of curiosity, how do they set out the Rem. Orders on FindMyPast? as images or as transcribed?
Is it as accounts- costs etc. or do they have the Q & A session that sometimes went on to establish the facts about the person?

Do they have WRY Rem Orders on FindMyPast?

charlotte

Offline tyr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Ted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 11 March 09 12:25 GMT (UK) »
They are transcribed Charlotte
It shows who they are - date of the removal - gives a household number (no idea what that means) from place and to place; notes (such as husband of) and the WSRO reference.  Do the actual records show much? 
um......where is WRY?  ???  My husband says West Riding (he cheated by looking at Google) - if it is then no - they are not there.
Just off to bed Charlotte - I'll get back to you though.
Kind regards
Jill
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk uk

1700 - 1850 (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire): RICHES, BOND, MONEY, FOSTER, POTTER, MOBS. COPELAND
1750 - > (Devon, Hampshire) HUTTON, LONGMAN
STEED from Kent
PERRETT from Wiltshire

Offline charlotteCH

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 11 March 09 18:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jill, Looking at google is not cheating... just intelligent researching ;D

Yes, West Riding of Yorkshire...

Re the transcription shorthand - I've no idea what that means- maybe it a FindMyPast code or somthing. Why don't you put up a separate post asking for help about FindMyPast referencing system on Rem. Orders , quoting specifics such as you did to me?  That is assuming FindMyPast has no code to help understand them... annoying that isn't it.

In the o/seers accounts there may give something interesting such as money given for relief--- that may be in the 'warm up' stage after which the parish decide the person is a liability... it may read" Ann Perret. food for children 3/-"  Or "rent 2/6 for 3 weeks"... Then if they actually moved them something about 10/- to mr bloggins for carting Perret family to ... xxx destination.

YOu may mention of correspondence with the other parish to which they were being sent.."10d to clerk for letter to X parish about Ann Perret".. which gives you the clue where to look . In my limited experience there would be correspondence between the 2 parishes.
 4.48 am here so maybe better go back to bed :)

charlotte

Offline tyr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Ted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 12 March 09 03:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Charlotte
I think an email to WSRO and if they have it then maybe Somerset RO has them as well! I'd love to get some of the stuff you mentioned.  Might be bastardy bonds as well.
We have a LDS branch near us but it seems to not function well - I ordered stuff 18mths ago and it's still not in.  I am not sure why I picked on the Perretts to investigate - I have lots of other things to do - washing, ironing etc.  Hope you slept well.
Kind regards
Jill

1700 - 1850 (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire): RICHES, BOND, MONEY, FOSTER, POTTER, MOBS. COPELAND
STEED from Kent
PERRETT from Wiltshire

Offline charlotteCH

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 12 March 09 03:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jill, Washing, ironing, shopping are vast inconveniences that interrupt the important things of life such as digging up ancestors :D :D

Re LDS centres- someone posted on RC saying that there had been a decline in service- ie slow to get films etc.  I used to go every week and had a constant flow of films ordered that I searched but things have changed and I need to be home so can't speak from current personal experince of LDS centres- pity if they drop away- they were so helpful.
Can you ever get to Somerset RO?
The Poor law stuff is wonderful- and the ultimate find is an inquistion transcrpitwhere the Overseers are interviewing the recipient of Poor Relief.  i've never been so lucky as to get one... dream on..
Good luck with the dreaded housework ::)
keep us posted please.

charlotte

Offline tyr

• RootsChat Senior
  • Ted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 March 09 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Good evening Charlotte

I try and avoid the housework as much as possible but I live in a country area and with no rain for a while it gets a bit dusty - but if you keep the curtains drawn and the lights off you can't see it.
I have never been to Somerset RO and don't have travel plans to the UK at the moment - might change though - I was born there but have lived in Australia since 1959.
Enjoy your day

Kind regards
Jill

STEED from Kent
PERRETT from Wiltshire

Offline pmperrett

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: PERRETT - COMPLETE
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 10 January 17 21:42 GMT (UK) »
Jill I know this post was a long time ago, but if you still remember what you found I would love to know. The James Perrett born in Bath is my family, but I have never been able to find him so he has remained the start of my family tree. I did also suspect he might be the illegitimate son of Ann, but found no proof other than from the DNA results on Ancestry. DNA suggests I have relatives in Australia and the link seems to be an Elizabeth Perrett whom I can't connect to my tree but if it were his sister it would all make sense.