Author Topic: Nercwys(Nerquis) Williams's 1802  (Read 14253 times)

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nercwys(Nerquis) Williams's 1802
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 13 September 12 09:23 BST (UK) »
Hello Alan

Thanks for the info, can you clarify one point for me?     

In an earlier posting you said that the twin sons born 16/02/1768  John and Edward were the children of William and Anne Williams and not John & Ann Williams

The only reason I am querying it is that I picked up a marriage at Nannerch for a William and Ann in error as I was looking for John and Ann Williams and got carried away thought I had found John and Ann.  Can't remember the details at the moment has I am not at home with my files.

Eileen

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 11 October 12 15:48 BST (UK) »
Dear Eileendavid. I hope your holiday went well. I have spent a good few hours in the library on FindMyPast but have only gone round in circles without any solid reliable facts, only more fuzzy trails.

In reply to your last post:- The twins born 1768 were to WILLIAM and Anne not John so cannot tie with the marriage in 1794. Sorry, my silly mistake.

Looking at the entry in Nannerch 1794 page 79 No.385 more closely I wonder is the brides mother actually called Catherine  because I think it could be " John & Cath.....  Roberts" or something like that. But even so I cannot find a marriage to match that name.

Regarding marriages of William Williams to an Anne all I found are:-

One in 2/06/1778 to Ann Price  and one in 27.09.1783 to Anne Parry. but neither seems much help to us.

So I am up against the brickwall until I get a flash of inspiration. But perhaps you can think of something. Bye for now, Alan
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 11 October 12 16:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Alan

Thanks for the message we are still away at the moment but will be home soon when I will see if I can find anything (two heads better than one maybe).

As I said I also got carried away with William and Ann and John & Ann.  I have written quite a few notes but they are at home.

Will be in touch soon  Eileen

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 11 October 12 20:14 BST (UK) »
Perhaps the record you found was:-
Feb 21 1759 William Williams(Llanferres) to Anne Lloyd(presumably otp) at Nannerch

The record can be seen in the marriage bonds at National Library of Wales:-

http://isys.llgc.org.uk/isysquery/irl1af/11/doc
(always a useful addition to parish register searches)

Regards
Roger

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 11 October 12 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hello Roger

It was William Williams to Anne Lloyd at Nannerch.  The one we are trying to find  however is  a marriage John Williams to Ann and a baptism of  their son John Williams 1769 ish.

Any help would be appreciated

Eileen

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 11 December 12 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,

Well I have just spent another couple of hours in the library looking to progress on the Williams/Roberts front, but not being au fait with the area and not able to get my head round it don't know if I am on the right track.

Information found on the marriage certificate of John Williams was  he's the son of John Williams and Ann.  He married Elizabeth Roberts daughter of John & Beth at Nannerch 01.12.1794

I have only managed to locate two marriages  one was John Roberts to Elizabeth Hughes at Llansaffraid Gly Ceiriog Denbyshire 12.06.1770, and John Roberts of Llansaiph to Elizabeth Reydon 24.04.1771 at Whitford.  Anyone able to advise of which would be the correct one in locality to Nannerch.  Not been able to locate a birth for Elizabeth around 1771

I have also located a John Williams son of John at Gresford 1.7.1764 giving abode as Gueswyllt is this near Nercwys.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Eileen

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 24 December 12 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello again

More research on the John Williams marriage to Elizabeth Roberts at Nannerch 01.12.1794.  John's age is given as 25 (circa 1769) parents John Williams and Ann and Elizabeth age 23 (circa 1771) parents John Roberts & Beth. In the presence of Ruth Dowling & Lydia Owens.

This is what I have come up with and need help to justify I am on the right track.

1. John Williams baptised 07.01.1770 Hamner Flint son of John Williams & Ann.

2. John Williams to Ann Griffiths 13.12.1768 at Mold

Mold is only 2.7 Miles from Nerquis, I know Hamner is about 7miles  but the only other one I found was at Gresford 1769. I also found a marriage at Gresford for a John Williams to Ann Barrow 27.08.1768.

3. Elizabeth Roberts baptised  at Nannerch 23.06.1771 daughter of John Roberts & Elizabeth

4. John Roberts to Elizabeth Bagnol 14.09.1768 Cilcain (there was also a couple of marriages at Whitford.

Cilcain is 3 miles from Nannerch Whitford is 8.

5.  Elise Bagnall 24.05.1748 Nannerch

6. John Roberts 06.11.1742 Nannerch

Can anyone check these out for me to see if I am on the right branch.

Eileen

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 24 December 12 11:25 GMT (UK) »
This is Nannerch on a map;
http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MMREDR#JnE9Lk5hbm5lcmNoJTdlc3N0LjAlN2VwZy4xJmJiPTU2Ljg2MDI0NDU2MDA2MzglN2U4Ljg2MTc5MTM3MzI0OTk5JTdlNDkuODA4NzU2NjEyMzI1NCU3ZS0xMy4zMzA1OTE0MzkyNQ==

If you zoom out you should be able to find all the places you mention in your posts.Glyn Ceiriog is about twenty miles or so from Nannerch.Gresford(Gwersyllt) is about 10-15 miles from Nannerch.Hanmer is about twenty miles or so from Nannerch,though it is given as being in Flintshire historically,it was in a detached part of the county just to the east of Wrexham.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 24 December 12 11:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello William,

Thanks for getting back.

The reason I put Hanmer was because John Williams was the father of our ancestor Ellen Williams who was baptised at Necwys so my reasoning was that although Ellen's parents married at Nannerch which was the brides parish and that the Williams I think were from Necwys. Also I think that Ellen was born 2 months prior to marriage so could be another reason they chose a different parish. Eileen