Author Topic: Nercwys(Nerquis) Williams's 1802  (Read 14243 times)

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nercwys(Nerquis) Williams's 1802
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 13 March 13 08:33 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alan

Just had another look at the marriage of John Williams to Ann Griffiths at Mold and he didn't sign his name  he made his mark so it isn't the cleric.   I also checked the clerics will. Mold is the nearest marriage I have found to Nercwys only 2.6 miles.  Plus didn't you say your grandfather lived in Mold.

Look forward to hearing from you with your views on this.

Eileen

Offline Jetdragon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 17 May 13 06:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Eileen

I was particularly interested in the follwing paragraph in one of your replies

"The twins Elizabeth & Margaret, Elizabeth married John Powell who was born in Hope but living in Higher Kinnerton at St Mary's on the Hill and died in childbirth.  Her sister Margaret then married John Powell again at St Mary's on the Hill and is on all the census"

I believe John Powell may be my 2nd Great Grand Uncle - my records suggest he had children Mary, Elizabeth and Martha - can your researches confirm this and if so who the mother of each was?

MTIA

DAve

Offline eileendavid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 17 May 13 16:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Dave

I have the details of Margaret & Elizabeth both were baptised at Hope and both married John Powell
Elizabeth had a daughter Elizabeth and a son James.  Elizabeth was baptised on the same day as John and Elizabeth married.  Elizabeth the mother died shortly after giving birth to James, and James died in infancy. John Powell became Sexton of St Mary's at Handbridge and on his death was buried there

I have more details but unfortunately I am out of the UK at the moment and won't be back for about 8 weeks.

We are related through James Maddocks 1832 Hope who was Margaret & Elizabeth's older brother.  He was one of eleven children at the last count.  As I say have dates etc but they are in the UK Eileen