Author Topic: 110th army troop royal engineers,East Lancashire.  (Read 51209 times)

Offline Drew5233

• RootsChat Veteran
  • How Many Hours in Spits?
    • View Profile
Re: 110th army troop royal engineers,East Lancashire.
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 22 February 15 22:31 GMT (UK) »
Send me a private message if you want any of the following unit war diaries copied

WO 166/3609 ROYAL ENGINEERS: COMPANIES: 110 Army Troops Company 1940 July - 1941 Dec.
WO 166/8072 110 Company 1942 Jan-Oct
WO 167/934 110 Army Troops Company Royal Engineers 1939 Sep-1940 Mar, May, June
WO 169/10602 110 Army Troops Company 1943 July-Dec
WO 170/1627 Companies: 110 Company 1944 Jan-May
WO 170/1628 Companies: 110 Company 1944 June -Dec
WO 170/5169 Companies: 110 Company 1945 Jan-Jun
WO 170/5170 Companies: 110 Company 1945 July-Dec
WO 175/627 110 Company 1942 Nov-1943 June

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 22 February 15 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for posting the photos Carol...great to see the photo of the dedication stone,,,even though my Grandad never made it to Greece  ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 22 February 15 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Drew,,,It was fantastic to see those war diaries !!!  I had sent you a pm before I saw your latest post. I will check my Grandads service records and see what date he was serving up to...I know he made it to Italy,,but not to Greece. I would love copies of the relevant war diaries. Thank you very much for posting.  :D
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline carol.leigh

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 23 February 15 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi

This is just getting better and better, can't believe all the information that is coming through

Carol

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 19 March 15 19:16 GMT (UK) »
fascinating to read the first war diary...really brings my Grandads war service record to life. Thanks Andy. ;D

Offline LamBowes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 20 March 15 01:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi to everyone who has been posting information about the 110th. 
I haven't been on this site for ages and I didn't get any notification that there were further posts.  I'm gobsmacked - I have many photos of Lancashire Quay and a number of them are exact copies of those that have been posted on here.  I'm also thrilled to see my dad in one of the large group photos.  If my memory serves me well, one of the officers in the photo is Neil Westbrook.  I've got quite a few photos of men who served with my dad, so I will scan them and post them on here - perhaps someone will recognise them.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 20 March 15 10:42 GMT (UK) »
look forward to seeing them. ;)

Offline carol.leigh

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 26 March 15 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi

it would be great if you could download some more photos of Lancashire Quay. You mentioned a hospital in Le Harve, do you have any information about this please

Carol

Offline LamBowes

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 02 May 15 08:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Gortonboy
I've had trouble uploading the photos as most of the files are too big - need to work on reducing the sizes.  It looks like I'll have to post the photos I have over a number of days.  Hopefully, these smaller ones have your granddad in.