Author Topic: my gggrandfather  (Read 3198 times)

Offline kathy

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
my gggrandfather
« on: Saturday 24 April 04 11:42 BST (UK) »
well all i am aware of is my family came from birmingham. as do i. many years ago i was told that my grand mother was kate compton/crompton her mother was hogg her maiden name.so i sent off for birth death and marrage certificates but all came back no trace. even my mothers birth and death cert came back no trace. so i looked on the internet all differant sites for these names. i found two has i mentioned which was either coincidental or must be the ones and thats what im going on. at the moment.but trying to find james compton is a pain i did find a elizabeth mcconol hogg born 1870 and married a james henry compton in 1895.

Offline twink

• I am sorry but my email address is not working at the moment.
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Researching family history
    • View Profile
Re:my gggrandfather
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 April 04 12:47 BST (UK) »
You really need to try and get some definates before you try to go back too far otherwise you could be wasting a lot of time and money.
What were yor parents names?  You say you have had no luck with your mothers birth or death certificates - what was her name - maybe someone here can help and then you would have a good starting point.
Peters / Breden / Breeds / Evans + more, Garner / Ensbury / Beaver / Burgess + more, Elrick / Giles / Salmon / Parsons + more, Lucas / Webster / Austin / Chopping + more