Author Topic: Convent in Bartestree  (Read 26447 times)

Offline Cornish Dave

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Convent in Bartestree
« Reply #36 on: Friday 20 January 17 12:44 GMT (UK) »
Sent you another pm today Nance.

Offline Nance Clark

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Friday 20 January 17 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave

Im struggling to find your reply

Offline Cornish Dave

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 20 January 17 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Nance, weird! I said that I had heard from Sister Mary but she would not tell me anything about your Aunt. She did say that she was not there as a child and would have been at least 18 when she arrived. She seemed to be aware that your Aunt had passed away and said she was going to try and attend the funeral which she said was today? She may have that wrong but I suggested if that was the case perhaps you would be able to speak to her. Sorry I could not find anything out for you, Sister Mary did tell me stories about my old girl friend but perhaps that was because I was also there at the same time and I told her about my memories. Is the funeral today?

Dave

Offline Cornish Dave

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 07 March 17 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Nance Clarke

I have sent you an e-mail please let me know if you do not receive it.

Dave Hill

Offline Marci

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 05 August 17 11:54 BST (UK) »
Haven't been on here for ages and now I find Linda Watson. Hi Lin, haven't seen you for over 40 years but not forgotten. Great to hear you are in touch with Mother Magdalen, please give her my regards. I live not too far from Hereford so often go over and always think of the convent and the good times we had there. If you fancy getting in touch I can be found on Facebook, am now Marcinee Neal although the Neal part of my life departed too many years ago to think about.

Would love to hear from you.

Marcinee

Offline Cornish Dave

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 05 August 17 13:04 BST (UK) »
Marci

I was in touch with Lin last year when she put me in touch with Sister Mary. You will see my connection with Bartestree by looking at earlier posts. Lin stopped replying to any of my messages, Sister Mary told me she had stopped using this site but I am not sure why. Possibly it was something I said but I have no idea what, if so she may reply to you. I have exchanged a few letters with Sister Mary she does not use e-mail as far as I know but in her 90's now), she was still working at Easter when I got a card from her.

Dave

Offline Marci

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 05 August 17 16:38 BST (UK) »
Dave

Thanks for that. Would it be possible for you to let Sister Mary/Mother Magdalen know I was asking after her and have very fond memories of her and Bartestree Convent.

Many thanks

Marci

Offline Cornish Dave

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 05 August 17 17:18 BST (UK) »
I can certainly do that for you, would you like her to mention you to Lyn I know they are in regular contact? If you would like to write to Sister Mary I can ask her if it is OK for me to give you her address? What was your surname back then? I also have a booklet about Bartestree that Sister Mary sent me, it is before your time as it contains a photo of my old girlfriend but you may be interested in seeing it.

I think I found you on facebook if you live in Wales and your last entry was a sad one about your dog. If so and you would like the booklet let me know and I will send you a friends request so that we can exchange e-mail addresses and I can forward it to you. If you just want me to pass on your regards that is fine of course, let me know.

Dave

Offline Marci

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Saturday 05 August 17 20:15 BST (UK) »
Dave

Should be very grateful if you would do all of those things. My surname then was Morrison.

Would love to see the booklet. I do live in Wales but don't think I have a sad entry about my dog although he hasn't been too well lately, however is on the mend now. Please feel free to send a friend request and I will respond as soon as.

Marci