Author Topic: foyer/kirkpatrick  (Read 2844 times)

Offline lassie

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
foyer/kirkpatrick
« on: Wednesday 16 February 05 22:59 GMT (UK) »
could anyone help me with tracing my g.g.g granmother and father. Their names were gladys florence foyer and john kirkpatrick. I know they were born around 1880 and possibly married in paisley. My g.g. granmother was born in wick on 21st november 1901, her name being gladys kirkpatrick and their was also a son who was born a few years later whos name i am not sure on but could of been jack. Just after this my g.g.g.grandmother died, and then gladys was taken in by her paternal grandparents who owned a flour mill in wick. i have heard that john kirkpatrick remarried and may of had more children.
stewart,foyer,kirkpatrick.crawford,graham,hughes,caldwell,robertson,fox

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
Re: foyer/kirkpatrick
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 June 05 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Lassie,

I had a few credits left over on www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk and looked up their marriage for you:

Bit of a shotgun wedding I think  ;)

John Kirkpatrick married Gladys Florence Florence Foyer on 23 Oct 1901 in the Parish Church of Govan, Glasgow City, Lanark.

John Kirkpatrick (tube work labourer) aged 23yrs bachelor, Gladys Florence Foyer (laundrymaid) aged 19yrs spinster. Both wereliving at 57 Harmony Row, Govan at the time of the marriage.

Parents:
Hugh Kirkpatrick (Hammerman) alive and Jane Kirkpatrick (maiden surname McDonald) alive

James Foyer (Flour miller) alive and Mary Foyer (maiden surname Taylor) alive

Witnesses:
Edwin Taylor
Rachel Kriegor

This is a fantastic website I reckon if you have a bit of a look around you might find the other answers you want.

Good Luck, I hope this helps :)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill