Author Topic: Offer: Northumberland Co. & Schuylkill Co., Pennsylvania  (Read 4043 times)

Offline JudyLynn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Offer: Northumberland Co. & Schuylkill Co., Pennsylvania
« on: Friday 20 March 09 20:46 GMT (UK) »
I am a native of Northumberland County, Pennsylvania.  My hometown of Shamokin is the southwest point of a PA’s huge anthracite coal mining region that drew Irish, Welsh, and English immigrants looking for work -- many from Cornwall. 

I’m willing to lookup anything related to Cornish folk in Northumberland Co. and neighboring Schuylkill Co. (largest city there is Pottsville).  I have immediate access to Shamokin cemetery and funeral home records.  And, while I currently live 100 miles away, when I go back “home” for visits I can look up other things there -- such as marriage licenses, which started in 1885; and obituaries, which are available starting in 1923 for Shamokin and in the late 1880s in Pottsville.  Plus census records from 1860-1920 (minus 1890).

If your folks came to my neck of the woods, please give me specifics and I’ll help or advise if I can!  To request a lookup, do not reply to this message -- please start a new topic in the “Cornwall Census and Resource Lookup Request” board.

Cheers,
~JudyLynn

CON: Bawden, Dawe(s), Johns, Martin, Merten/Murton/Morton, Odger, Osborne, Rowe, Spargo
DEV: Dawe(s), Vigus
NBL: Brewis, Horn, Main, Smith, Storey?
STS: Mould?, Stanier/Stonier
YKS: Clifton, Crawford, Crossland, Emerson, Millburn, Myers, Sharp, Stephenson, Wildridge
WAL: Edwards, Whitmore
IRE: Higgins, Nash, Wilson
ANT: Bovill(e), Burnett, Chesney, McClure, Morrison