Author Topic: Finding a Marriage owen Prydderch  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Woody1uk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Finding a Marriage owen Prydderch
« on: Saturday 21 March 09 12:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have been trying to find out where my G/G/ Grandfather Owen Prydderch was born and a date.  I have been unsuccessful in finding either a birth or marriage for him.

After Owen Prydderch all the family were Leeswood, Mold based but I am wondering if they came from somewhere else orignally as I can't find his details.

The details I have are that:
He was Owen Prydderch Married to Ann but don't know her surname.......
There first child John was born in 1816.......
So I tried dating this at an average and would say they married around 1815
Then I took thier births back to say 1798 / 1799
Can anybody please help in finding a marriage for them that may lead me in the right direction of where they lived or who Owen's father was....?
Can anyone make any suggestions on how I could possibly find out where and when they were born or married?
Any help would really be appreciated on this as I have hit this particular brick wall now for over 4 years.....
Jeanette

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a Marriage owen Prydderch
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 March 09 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeanette

Have you tried checking the Hayes Marriage Index aka North Wales Marriage Index?  Its available on line through the Genfair site. 

I checked the namesfromclwyd site and was amazed how many variances there are in spelling :)

The only candidate for an Owen baptism that I could see in Ruabon or Wrexham was this one
Sep 28, 1785  PRYTHERCH, Owen s/o John and Mary, abode Moreton Above.  (ADDED - in Ruabon)

Do you have a burial for Owen or Ann in Leeswood? 

Heather
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Woody1uk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a Marriage owen Prydderch
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 21 March 09 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Again Heather.

Thank you for replying.  I haven't tried the Hayes Marriage index I don't think so anyway. I will have a look at the Genfair site.
Your find is a pretty good one though as they called their first son John and their first Daughter Mary?  could be a clue in that.

I don't have a burial for either of them in Leeswood no, I checked Mold parish records too and nothing on them either......so this is why I thought maybe they came from somewhere else before they moved to Leeswood.....I couldn't find their son John's baptism or anything either but found out he was their son through a connection on the Census at a much later date....
Thanks again
Jeanette