Author Topic: Boyd family Dundee  (Read 9221 times)

Offline miss s

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boyd family Dundee
« Reply #9 on: Monday 23 March 09 21:16 GMT (UK) »
aah i see i see... sorry about the typo, i was on the phone to my mum telling her the exciting news at the same time :)

Thank you so much for all your help.. your a superstar

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 March 09 21:34 GMT (UK) »
can't see robert boyd or family on 1881 census

perhaps someone else can find them 1881/1891/1901

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline 2 irwin st

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 23 March 09 21:54 GMT (UK) »
I live in The United states but was born in Greenock Scotland. My mother was Margaret Boyd born in Port Glasgow to William( Born in Dundee) and Isabel Boyd. My grandfathers dad was Robert Boyd and Margaret Hill both from Dundee. My Grandfathers aunt and grannie were both named Julia. Any connection? I know my family in Scotland is still in touch with family in Dundee. I visited with Greta and Margaret Boyd in Dundee about 24 years ago . If I can be of any help just ask.

Offline miss s

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 20:16 GMT (UK) »
hi 2 irwin st..

The Julia boyd that i am looking for, her maiden name was Hennan or Henney?? would that be right with you?

Offline 2 irwin st

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 22:01 GMT (UK) »
To be honest with you I dont know. I can only go back as far as my greatgrandparent on my moms, dads side. They would be Margaret Hill and Robert Boyd. I do know that Roberts mother was Julia because they always told my mom she should have been named after her greatgrandmother Julia  because she looked just like her. Her aunts name was also Julia. I will try to find out some more info from the family that still lives in Scotland. Good luck with your research,

Offline andyboyd

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 06 March 10 01:31 GMT (UK) »
auntie margaret, is that you?????

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 07 March 10 22:51 GMT (UK) »
scot people wont let me view the death cert
No, it's too recent. You can order a copy, or you can get someone to go and transcribe the certificate for you.

Elizabeth Wightman: Born 1873.. Died 19/04/22.... Robert Boyd is mentioned on her death certificate, but i cant make out what it reads
If you come across something you can't read, e-mail Scotland's People and they will tell you what it says.

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline floydtemple

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 16 December 10 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello, My name is Floyd Temple and I live in the United States. I was born in Port Glasgow in 1964 and am looking for any family out there. My mother is Davina Boyd and My grandmother was Bella Boyd. I know I was born on pleasantside ave but not much else.
Thanks

Offline purple29

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 17 December 10 02:54 GMT (UK) »
hi i am from 8 plesantside ave , i remember old bella boyd from 18 plesantside ave , my gran isa mckenzie whom raised me was friendly with her , is this your gran ?
Mckenzie ,Conneely , Connelly , McKay ,Galway , Port Glasgow , Greenock