Author Topic: Bronhelem,Soar-y-Mynydd, Tregaron  (Read 2743 times)

Offline CaioResearcher

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Bronhelem,Soar-y-Mynydd, Tregaron
« on: Sunday 22 March 09 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Wasn't sure where to post.  After much searching, I've found a small holding Bronhelem's address.
It would appear to be Bronhelem, Soar -y-Mynydd,Tregaron.

My ancestor, Thomas Davies, put this name down on his marriage certificate as his place of residence in 1843.  His father was David Davies.

I know no more of Thomas Davies, but I'm trying to trace him back.  Would it be possible for SKS to look up 1841 census to see if he was there at that time? as it was only 2 years before his marriage.
I only also know that Thomas died Llanddewi Abergwesyn 23 Sept 1900.  His wife put down Pontrhydfendigaid as her place of residence in 1843, perhaps he was living there in 1841?
Hope I've posted to the right place, thank you

Regards

Helen

Offline brawd houdini

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bronhelem,Soar-y-Mynydd, Tregaron
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 March 09 23:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,

Just noticed this post after replying to the other one.Soar-y-Mynydd is on the mountain road between Tregaron and Abergwesyn.There is a small Chapel there.It is near the fairly new reservoir called Llyn Brianne.To help clarify things
his postal address could be Tregaron but Bronhelem and Soar-y-Mynydd would be more than likely in the Parish of Llanddewi Abergwesyn.

Regards,brawd houdini
Evans-Pencarreg,Llanybyther,Cwrtnewydd[Llanwennog]Cwmann,Merthyr,Llanwinnio,Bedwellty,London,Canada,Scotland and more.
Griffiths-
Cwrtnewydd,Llanfihangel ystrad,Nantcwnlle,Bwlchllan,Penuwch and more.
Davies-
Pencarreg,Cwmann,Llanybydder,Cribyn,Llanfihangel ystrad.
Also Jones in Winnipeg,Canada and Llangeitho,Williams and Lloyd in Tregaron,Llanfihangel ystrad,Cribyn,Gorsgoch,Cardigan