Author Topic: Adam NEWELL - Help Please!  (Read 6397 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: Adam NEWELL - Help Please!
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 September 10 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Terry,

I haven't seen the original W Wycombe PRs (bit of a trek as I live up in Yorkshire!) but, as a member, I've borrowed Bucks FHS's transcript.

I suppose its possible that the second burial for an Adam Newell is an error. To be honest, its beginning to look as if it must be - either that, or Adam & Mary had another son soon after who they called Adam but his baptism was mssed off the PRs (or he was never baptised).

I think I'll move forward with the asumption that our Adam is the one baptised in 1736.

It still doesn't prove that his son William Newell (1760) is the one I'm looking for but I live in hope!

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline supermoussi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 25 September 10 08:48 BST (UK) »
Apart from the obvious typo explanations etc it is also perfectly possible that someone may have gone abroad with the army, trading etc., and had a child overseas. Also many families dabbled with non-conformitism at one time or another and not been baptised etc in a C of E church.

Records for both of these explanations are a bit patchy!

Have you checked all the Bucks, Oxon and PCC Newell wills? That might be your best bet.

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 September 10 11:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks supermoussi,

Yes - tried Oxon and Berks as well as Bucks - and wills. I think I may have run out of places to look!!!

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline supermoussi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 25 September 10 13:05 BST (UK) »