Author Topic: Parish Register approx 1791 Llanhowell  (Read 24234 times)

Offline Wayside34

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Register approx 1791 Llanhowell
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 24 April 12 08:26 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Orielbenfro, I have pondered Martha for many a year now.

I think we can be sure that we have the right Martha Perkin now, Liz. How wonderful for there still to be a tangible record of your Gt Gt Gt Grandmother and her daily life!

Offline Sallyhoe

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,

We are some 6 years on from the last post, so I hope someone is still out there to have a conversation about the Howells.

I am also related to Gilbert Howell. He is the brother of David Howells b.1789, who was father to David Howells bap 1811, father to Mary Howells b.1837, mother to John H Morris b.1868, who was my Great grandfather!! I can't describe it better than that!

I have a record of Gilbert's burial in Portheiddy, 16th March aged 89! That's some going for that era. I am in the process of picking this all up from my father who passed away 2 years ago. I have some bits and pieces at home but will be picking up all his files shortly from the family home. Not sure what he has in there yet, but on Family Tree Maker he had clearly found Martha Perkins!

I have just obtained a will of a certain David Howells from the NLW. It appears that he is ours. I have yet to transcribe it as I only received it yesterday. I was tiding up paperwork in the spare room and found a print out of this Rootsweb chat, now I know why it caught my eye.

You folk are probably further ahead than I am so apologies if I am telling you things you already know.

Sally

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 31 October 18 02:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sally from the States.  I am still here.    I dont have any family for Gilbert Howell except a possible father.
  I found a DavidHowell who was a weaver but wasnt sure of the connection.
   Gilbert and Martha daughter Mary born february 1815 ended up in Cardiff. She married John Morgan in 1856.   Do you have a mother for david and gilbert?  Any othercinfo?  They baptized mary at the chapel in Solva
CLARK Waite Ashley Gravett  Vousden Lilbourn
Daniels Marten Craft Beale Rye Sussex,
Morgan, Pranch, Rees, Thomas Llantrisant, St Fagans, St Lythans Glamorgan
Howell Glamorgan, Pembroke
Davies Glamorgan Merthyr and Llangafelach
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke
Grey David Thomas Williams Llangyfelach Parish Glamorgan