Author Topic: AITKEN family, River View, St Ives, Huntingdonshire  (Read 47168 times)

Offline Ginaar

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: AITKEN family, River View, St Ives, Huntingdonshire
« Reply #117 on: Sunday 23 October 11 17:04 BST (UK) »
Hello, I read this with interest as my Grandfather, George Kiddle, was one of Norah's brother. River View was a mill prior to being converted to the family home in the early 20th century. I have photos of it as my family lived there in the late 1970's. My mother, Elizabeth is one of George's 4 daughters and my parents and brother and I lived in River View. River view was sold to developers in the 1980's and 4 new houses were built there. Norah's two children with John Aitken were Robert ( known as Bob) and Jeanne. I hope this helps with your research. If you require further info please let me know.

Offline peacy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Monday 24 October 11 12:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks, much appreciated.....Peacy

Offline caroldawn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 04:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I read with interest about the kiddle family from St Ives, My husband family are connected to this family. Going back further a harriet Kiddle born 1807married a Edward Bailey and emigrated with their family to New Zealand. During WW1 his grandfather William , his Uncle Wallace, and his father Len stayed with norah Kiddles family while on Leave.Norah and her sister Winnie wrote to their sisters in New Zealand and I have copys of these Letters.Robert Kiddle died in 1916 aged 23 in France, George enlisted at 14 and served 8 Months, Charles enlisted at 17 and suffered Shell Shock in Gallipoli, vincent enlisted at 16 and was gassed in France I Have a photo of this family which I will try to Post   carol Dawn

Offline caroldawn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday 22 November 11 04:28 GMT (UK) »
i cant seem to send the photo sorry but if you want to see it email me on *
Caroldawn

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline C Hearn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday 08 February 22 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I work at Floods Tavern Pub in st ives Cambridgeshire. We are looking into the history of the building and what shops its used to be before the pub and any other history we can find.

Today i was told by the Huntingdonshire archives that in 1974 the building was occupied by Aitken Limited, Electrics.

I have found that chat and wondered if any of you knew if this is a connection to the Atkin family you have been looking into.

If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Carl