Author Topic: DAVEY/DAVY Woolpit early 1700s onward?  (Read 11504 times)

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: DAVEY/DAVY Woolpit early 1700s onward?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 01 April 09 22:31 BST (UK) »
Would anyone be able to tell me what dorothy davey's parents names were? and if doroty davey's son william davey had any children?

I am sorry, I have made a mistake in my assumption here Andrew (very easily done, I am afraid - they do always say never assume) I do not think Dorothy is connected to Reuben after all (or not as a sister anyway) nor do I think Stowmarket is connected. I made the mistake in finding the John DAVEY in Woolpit in 1851, listing his birth as Stowmarket and assuming he was Reuben's brother because he was in Woolpit. Then in finding Dorothy also born Stowmarket.

Reubens brother John married in Bradfield Combust in 1844. He is listed in a tree, although the researcher seems to have an interest in the wifes family not Johns.

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:a67174&id=I53

I must have been lost in Woolpit the other day because he is not hard to find  :-[  clearly listing his pob as Woolpit in 1851. John and his son are living with Susan's mum in 1851. He is widowed. He is a brickmaker like Reuben. The son Samuel goes back to Woolpit for a time and by 1901 has married and put his age down about 10 years. He married in 1897, His wife was 42 in 1901 census and they do not appear to have any children at this time. She died in 1909 aged 50.

Sorry to mislead you with Dorothy.

Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 01 April 09 23:02 BST (UK) »
I need to find william daveys father, william davey had a son herbert, i cant find information on williams father anywhere :(
william was deffonetly married to maria crickmore... and herbert deffonetly had a sister called elizabeth.. anyone got info on this?

You are all over the place with this. You know William Davey's father was Reuben  ???

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 03 April 09 00:50 BST (UK) »
o right haha so he definately was his father, sorry i am just a bit confused :S ok so its just ruebens father who is hard to track down? xx

ok so...

woolpit or elmswell in suffolk and i want to find out williams fathers name... do you have any information?

william davey and maria davey (crickmore) married and had 3 children?
herbert davey 1884
elizabeth davey
alfred davey?

herbert davey and mary ann davey (whiteman) had 6 children...
thomas davey - 1910
joseph davey
edward (james) davey - 1909 (twin)
winifred davey 1909 (twin)
john g davey 1924
irene davey - 1907

thomas davey and florence bayliss had 5 children..
ann davey - my grandmother
valerie davey
thomas davey
william davey
john davey

do you have any information and can you help?
i rote it up a bit easier to understand
does anyone know william davey's mother and fathers name?
because i dont know if it is definately ruben or not...
please help

When we have looked at all the census information etc, it appears William is the son of Reuben and Elizabeth German.

If you go to the 1881 census - Free Online from the LDS you can see William and His family

If you look for 1881 British Census

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=census/search_census.asp

William DAVEY-  birthplace England. Suffolk - birthyear 1848 you will find William and his family. His father Reuben is in the home listed as Father. So there really is little doubt.

There are more children than you have listed - of course Herbert isn't born yet

You have the marriage reference for William and Maria.

William DAVEY = Maria CRICKMORE Dec 1/4 1869 Stow S 4a 1045

You can purchase a copy of the certificate from

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

for a cost of £7

perhaps you parents or gran can order it for you. The certificate will list Williams father. You can also purchase his birth certificate. Given that William was aged 3 at the time of the 1851 census. This appears to be his birth registration

DAVEY William Dec 1/4 1847 Stow 12 391

Kris  :)

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 03 April 09 04:52 BST (UK) »
thank you very much krisesjoint that was helpful i understand now lol :)
now i understand that i can move on :)
how would i go about Finding Out Who Reuben Married?

Please read this thread properly, along with your other thread. You have been given a lot of information. You need to start entering the data you have into a tree. We are just not getting anywhere here. You know who Reuben married. I found it for you!

Put a program on your computer and enter all your data. You will then be able to see at a glance what you have. It will take some time to enter all this - be accurate. All your BMD's, census references, etc you have been provided with so far are very important. It all needs to be entered to provide a complete picture. Until you have worked though this and have a firm picture I am sorry there is little we can do to help you.

You can get a free Family Tree Program from the net to enter your data into. Legacy springs to mind but I am sure there are other free programs.

http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/

You seem very keen which is lovely to see in someone your age, but you really do need to get a firm picture yourself before you can ask for help. Follow all the links on the boards designed to help beginners get started. There is much available online to help you get started. Use free resources you can easily access yourself to start with - resources like the  the IGI and 1881 census

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=search_all1.asp&clear_form=true

FreeBMD http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl . Your Woolpit people will be found in the district of Stow.

Check the links provided in the resources sections of your counties of interest etc.

Its all good fun finding the pieces of information. Put in the time on some basic research youself. First things first - get to know your family.

Once you have done this and have everything you have been given entered, hopefully you will have a good picture of your family, you can come back and place requests for further information on the appropriate boards.

All the Best.

Kris  :D