Author Topic: PORTER ANTRIM IRELAND  (Read 3160 times)

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
PORTER ANTRIM IRELAND
« on: Thursday 17 February 05 22:53 GMT (UK) »
looking for all Porter's of Antrim Ireland area before 1900
Any information would be lovely
Thank you
<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Peg12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: PORTER ANTRIM IRELAND
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 May 05 06:14 BST (UK) »
Hi there

My great grandmother was Annie Porter, she married James Livingston.  Unfortunately I have nothing concrete at the moment as I've just started my research.  My grandfather was born 1906 and they lived at 80 Oldpark Road, Antrim, at the time.

If you can shed any light it would be appreciated.  I will keep you informed when I find out more too.

Thanks and Kind Regards
Livingston/Livingstone/Porter

Offline stevenson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sarah Twig Jr in 1950
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 20 May 05 17:06 BST (UK) »
Hi peg12

You might have just started but with everyones help on roots Iam sure you will be out of them starting blocks ..............and off on your road to your roots.. ;D

I have lots of Annie's, some I have no partners for at present.Your next step could be the marriage cert as it will name Annie's father

My family have lots of Annie's but when I get to the births they seem to be called Ann / Anne /  Annie /
Hanna /Anna /Nancy ( but not sure if this is the same for all families ) also the male names are John , James , Alexander,Samuel

My Porter's only do back to 1790's at present but I shall keep your name on my paper file and please...please  get back to me, with any luck I hope to be able to help

Steve

<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Peg12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 21 May 05 04:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

I have just found Annie Porter's marriage certificate on the UHF website.  She married James Livingstone 15/6/1892 Railway Street Presbyterian, Lisburn.   Her father is George Porter - Teacher, no mention of her Mother or her birth date unfortunately.

Thanks for all your help so far.  I hope this connects with your info in some way.

Leanne (Peg)
Livingston/Livingstone/Porter