Author Topic: What`s in a name.  (Read 591 times)

Offline grandma

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • James Lynch Ferrigan & Isabella Craig
    • View Profile
What`s in a name.
« on: Sunday 29 March 09 09:48 BST (UK) »
My g.grandmother`s maiden name was Ferrigan. She married a Devlin. The man seems to disappear and she has my grandfather, illigitimate, who is registered as Ferrigan

Ferrigan joins the army using the name of Devlin. He marries as Devlin and all his children are registered as Devlin.

My father who is Devlin, marries, using the name of Fergusson ( don`t ask me why). Hi s first 2 children are registered as Devlin. When I was born I was registered as Devlin and then 2 months later registered again as Fergusson.

I married a Stewart, had 3 children, all reg as Stewart. I divorced, re-married a Mathisen. My children took the step-fathers name of Mathisen. I divorced again and changed my name to Fergusson again.

My son who actually was a Stewart, married as Mathisen and had 2 children, reg as Mathisen. He divorced and then re-married and took his new wife`s name Jorgensen.

My grandson who was Mathisen, when he turned 18, changed his name to Fergusson.

If someone in 100 year`s time is going to try to un-ravel this, they,ll have a dickens of a time. It,s a good thing I,ve got it all down on my tree!!

Grandma

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.