Author Topic: West Yorkshire Archive Wakefield  (Read 3606 times)

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Re: West Yorkshire Archive Wakefield
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 05 April 09 13:32 BST (UK) »
 ;D Wheres the hangover tablets.Burp! :-[
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 April 09 13:39 BST (UK) »
Hi I'll make enquiries at  Leeds WYAS as well.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 April 09 19:45 BST (UK) »
Just remember Allerton and Catterick main Army camp today

Paymaster

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 April 09 03:39 BST (UK) »
Go to find my past web page

click on bmds top menu

click on index of death duty register 1796 -1903

enter westerby

click on page 9

then its up to you. 1837 to 1837 pay to find out.  ??? but could draw a blank.! or a result.!

Offline geordiewesterby

• RootsChat Extra
  • James Westerby, 11th Hussars, my great great uncle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 11 April 09 12:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks D,

Tried it out, wasn't sure what Findmypast was, I thought it was the LDS, but it's not to do with them. It's the same mob who used to run 1837online.com which I thought was a major rip-off, charging people to look at pages of the BMD online, not indexed, and stuff I could go to the library in North Shileds and look at for nowt.  >:(

Still I wanted to see what they had and it was 8 quid for however many credits, 40 or 50 I think, so I decided to give it a go. It wasn't like you had to pay 70 quid or whatever. Nothing relating to what I'm looking for but downloaded some stuff that might be useful in the future depending on where my Yorkshire research leads.   ???

They still have this incredibly annoying practice though of offering up stuff after a search, which is a page of info on which the name you are looking for MIGHT be featured, and you have to use a credit in order to find out. And more often than not it's not there of course. And they boast of winning some Queen's Award To Industry as well...swindlers.

David
NORTHUMBERLAND/DURHAM: Westerby, Kirkland, Younghusband, Brown, Beck, Leith, Dixon, Gilroy, Roseburgh, Sheriff, Shield, Turnbull, Renwick
YORKSHIRE: Westerby
CANADA: Delahoy, Westerby

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 11 April 09 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi

Was'nt too hopefull~ but had to tell you. Useful for national buriels and parish regs Bmd's. It now holds family history on line as they merged but no so good on wills

One really needs to eat cabbage but can have ratter off putting to ones friends if taken on its own.