Author Topic: Henson  (Read 11164 times)

Offline acartwright

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henson
« Reply #9 on: Monday 30 March 09 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hey All,
Thanks for looking into this for me.  I have a lot of the information that you have provided.  Family stories say that Ann Henson died in 1875.  Death Records were not kept in the Missouri at that time so don't know the actual date or cause of death.  My Aunt tells me that Charles then shipped his kids off because he couldn't take care of them.   Albert worked on many farms and for the most part it was terrible until the last family he worked for where they took very good care of him.  Fannie and Eva did work as domestics.  I found the census showing a Fannie as a domestic in St. Louis.  I also found the marriage record to Mr. Zimmerman.  I have some family photo's of my Grandmothers with Aunt Fannie and Uncle Albert written on back.

I didn't have the information from the IGI.  I have seen the 1861 Census showing Charles Henson being born in 1839. And have wondered about that.  Especially since his mother was named Fanny it made sense that he would name one of his daughters that.  Although, it may have been a popular name at the time.  Yes the 04 Dec 1838 date could be wrong and probably is.  On Charles 1920 Missouri Death Certificate it has his birthdate as 04 Dec 1838..  On Albert Henson's 1955 Missouri Death Certificate it shows his birthday as 04 Dec 1868.   So somewhere birthdays were confused is my guess.   

I will keep plugging along and thanks for your help

Allen
Henson, Cartwright

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 30 March 09 22:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Allen

I see that mother's maiden name was given as "unknown" on Albert (John) Henson's 1955 death certificate - and both parents unknown on Charles' 1920 death cert.

Was the mother's maiden name given on either Fannie's or Eva's death certificates?

Anna
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline acartwright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 March 09 23:50 BST (UK) »
Anna,
I haven't been able to find Fannie's and Eva's death certificates.  Meaning they probably moved out of the state of Missouri.  Missouri has all death certificates digitalized from 1910-1957.  There is an act that allows any record over 50 years old to be made public.  A lot of other states either have longer statutes and therefore make it hard to find if you don't know exactly which state the person may have been living in at time of death.   Sometimes you can find out by Social Security records, but even that is difficult.    Both Charles and Albert were so old that no one either asked or knew who their parents were.  I have found that on a lot of Missouri death certificates on both sides of my family.  It makes the searches so much fun! :)
Henson, Cartwright

Offline Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 09:34 BST (UK) »
Some Missouri deaths are available on A******y.

There is an Ann Hurns death in September 1875. Looking at the image it looks like HENSON to me.
5264, Sept 2, Ann HENSON??, married age 32, Ireland??, died at City Hospital, St Louis, cant read cod, white female, Dr G Street, buried Calvary Cemetery, can't read undertakers name.

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline acartwright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 19:39 BST (UK) »
Ian,  The family was living in Jefferson county at the time and although close to St. Louis County and City of St. Louis I don't know if this was her.  I will check on the Missouri archives page and ancestry as well.  Thanks.  Allen
Henson, Cartwright

Offline acartwright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 31 March 09 20:10 BST (UK) »
 Ian,
Just checked the St. Louis Catholic cemetaries website and it is not Ann Henson--It is Ann Burns not Hurns as listed on Ancestry.  Thanks for the lead.   Not that it matters but the cause of death was TB.  Allen
Henson, Cartwright

Offline acartwright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 11 April 09 05:27 BST (UK) »
Hi to all that were helping me.  I think because of you I have discovered some more members of my family.  Although it is a guess it looks promising.  Here is what I can say.

Charles Henson born Dec Qtr 1839 Huntingdon
1841, 1851,1861 Census  Have a Charles Henson living with Charles and Frances(Fanny) Henson in Abbotts Ripton

Ann Maria Cope born  Oct-Nov-Dec 1844 Huntingdon
1851 Census showing Ann Cope, age 6 living with John and Alice Cope in Kings Ripton
Couldn't find 1861 Census with this family in it.
Couldn't find Marriage Record of Charles Henson and Ann Maria Cope

Eyesee provided me with information from IGI(can you please tell me what this an acronym for?) of a
Frances Alice Henson baptised 12 Sept 1869, Kings -Ripton, Huntingdonshire, Parents Charles Henson and Ann Maria.
1870 The following family arrives in NY
Charles Henson  age 30
Ann Henson     age 26
Albert Henson  age 1 1/2 Years old
Fannie Henson age--Infant

1870 U.S. Census  From Rock, Missouri, USA
Charles  age 30
Anne  age 26
Albert age 2
Fannie age 10/12

Can you Genealogists give me your opinion?  Is this strong enough evidence to say that my family came from Huntingdonshire--That these are my ancestors?

Does anyone have the ability to possibly find the following:
Marriage of Charles Henson and Ann Maria Cope>  Probably occurred between 1861 and 1868
Birth of Albert John Henson abt 1868--His baptism?  On his Missouri death certificate, my grandmother lists Dec 4 1864
Birth of Frances Alice Henson other than her baptism

Many Thanks, Allen
Henson, Cartwright

Offline acartwright

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 11 April 09 05:38 BST (UK) »
By the way, We always have believed that Albert Henson's full name was

Albert John Henson--perhaps it was actually John Albert Henson. 
Henson, Cartwright

Offline Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 11 April 09 05:39 BST (UK) »
Allen

The IGI is the International Genealogical Index at www.familysearch.org

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk