Author Topic: Hull policemen?  (Read 2649 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hull policemen?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 January 20 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ray and welcome to RootsChat, how great that you should find a photo of your Grandfather. Hilary hasn't been active on RootsChat for a year, but she may still pick this response up if her email is still current. If not, you could send her a personal message, you do this by clicking on the text icon beneath her name on the left.
Good Luck!
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Ray Woodward

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 January 20 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Carol.

I take it you must be “admin”.  I happened upon your site completely by accident.  It was a delightful surprise.

Cheers,

Ray

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 January 20 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ray....no, I am a volunteer, but as you will find out, this is a very friendly site with lots of knowledgeable members who are willing to help.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Ray Woodward

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 January 20 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much.

I’m trying to get my head around the amount of time you must devote to “happen upon” random communications, like mine.

I am very grateful.  No doubt you’ll see me dotting about in here as I grow accustomed to the format.

Cheers,

Ray

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 January 20 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Glad to hear that you plan to become a regular visitor. I mainly spent my time on the Photo Restoration Board where I restore and colour old and damaged photos that people upload there. It's a great free service. I do look ups on here too as I am from the area so have local knowledge. If you press the forum button at the top of the page, you will see all the County boards including other boards of interest too.
Carol

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 27 January 20 03:46 GMT (UK) »
A large (enormous) posting about Hull Policemen.

www.hcpoca.co.uk/HCPOCA/Newsletters_files/2007.pdf

Offline HilaryW

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 27 January 20 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ray

Yes, I'm still around although haven't logged in for a while.

Glad you were able to find the photo. As is the case many times when you inherit a box of family photos with nothing written on them, it's really frustrating. I was very appreciative of the help given here in solving this particular puzzle.

Good luck with your searches

Hilary
CUL - Wilson, Gainford, Fox, Banks, Rooke
YKS - Plaxton
LAN - Rhodes, Wolstenholme, Pemberton
NFK - Hammond, Tombling