Author Topic: Greaves  (Read 3419 times)

Offline shell2803

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Greaves
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 01 August 12 22:21 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much. Your brilliant! I think it's amazing how you can find these things. Can you give me any advise on where to look i.e is it worth having a membership on Ancestry.co.uk or are there better/other sites?

Thanks again,

Shell

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shell2803

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Greaves/Groves/Graves Stonemason
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 02 August 12 20:20 BST (UK) »
Hi,

With a lot of help from you guys to trace my Greaves family back to Westmorland/Lancashire. It turns out Stonemasons run in the family with my 3 x great grandfather William Glencross Greaves of Ulverston being a master stonemason. Is there any way of finding out what they helped built?

Thanks,
Shell

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shell2803

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Greaves
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 10:51 BST (UK) »
Hello, I haven't been here for quite a while but I would really appreciate any help at all. I have been trying for the last year (and wasting money) to track down my 5x great grandad,  George Greaves mother and father but I can't!!! I know he married Elizabeth Glencross at Ulverston 1807, I have a pallot record but the only info on it is he's a 'Waller' which would fit perfectly as every generation after him were stonemasons. I found a record on LANCAT that says he was 25 years old when he married Elizabeth but then it seems Elizabeth died in ulverston in 1816 and he remarried an ellinor the same year in ulverston but aged 32, his occupation Waller. It also seems he died in ulverston 1839. So it would make his birth 1782-1784? But I can find nothing in ulverston? I emailed the parish to see if theres any sort of marriage certificate for a father's name but no reply. Im hoping the wallers/stonemasons continue even further back than George. Please help me as its driving me insane x