Author Topic: Savage Family- East Ham London  (Read 4389 times)

Offline Kristen

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Savage Family- East Ham London
« on: Monday 26 April 04 09:21 BST (UK) »
I am trying to track From New Zealand, my Grandfathers (Alexander Ernest Savage) family.I only have a little info to go on. He was born in Dec 1917 at 33 Ranelagh Rd East ham and the family lived there at least till he was about 13. His Parents were George Ernest Savage and Ann Manning. His father died approx 1922 and his mother died around 1930 possibly of breast cancer. This was Georges 2nd marriage.George may have been alot older than Ann. My grandfather did say that his half brothers and sisters were older than his mother. George and Ann had 4 children George, Alexander(Grandfather),Isobel(known as Bella) and Ann or Annie (known as Nanc). How can I find any information on George and or Ann for family tree. Or his brother and sisters??? Any help would be great >
Savage, Goodchild

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
Re:Savage Family- East Ham London
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 April 04 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,  :)

I would say the first thing you need to do is get certificates for the events you are sure of.  Where you need further information try finding them on FreeBMD at freebmd.rootsweb.com.

Certificates may give you further information to work with.

After that try to locate them on census records.  Use our Census and Resouces Requests board,  giving full details to help the volunteers to help you.

And at every stage ask questions.  There are lots of people on this forum only too happy to help.

Good Luck
Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline Kristen

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Savage Family- East Ham London
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 May 04 02:08 BST (UK) »
Whoops ???

It should have been 19oo's not 1800's.. so I can't find anything on freebmd.

I have found a birth certificate but only has his basic stuff.
Would the handwritten number at the top be of any use to locate a more detailed certificate. And where could I get it from.
Savage, Goodchild