Author Topic: Robert Bridle born abt 1823 Shilligstone ? COMPLETED  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Robert Bridle born abt 1823 Shilligstone ? COMPLETED
« on: Saturday 04 April 09 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hello,  I am trying to find the Baptism date  for my ancestor Robert Bridle, I think he was born about 1823, possible in Shillingstone or in the surrounding areas.

His fathers name was James and was a Miller at the time of his marriage to a Caroline Barfoot 5 Mar 1844 Wimbourne.

I'm also looking for James Bridle born abt 1790 and I can't find him in Shillingstone either even though there is a James listed in 1786 but surname is not mentioned.

Maybe someone with better knowledge of Dorset could help me please.

Thank you in advance.

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Bridle born abt 1823 Shilligstone ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 April 09 22:36 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Have you looked for him on the Online Parish Clerk site for Dorset? You can search by village/town or a general site search;  www.opcdorset.com .

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 April 09 16:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Nanny Jan,

I did look at Dorset OPC, as I managed to find his 2nd marriages, to Izett Jane White which was 26 Dec 1849 Shillingstone,  his first marriage was to Caroline Barfoot, 5 March 1844 Hinton Martell,  but I think I found this date somewhere else, LDS probable.

I couldn't find any Baptisms for Robert Bridle in  the 1813 - 1837 Shillingstone nor on the LDS site.

I know by his marriage to Izett it says that James his father was a Miller, I am gaging that James birth date might be 1790  I am also looking for James marriage but can't find it either in Shillingstone and I can't find a death for him either,  so was James from Dorset,  to me it looks not. well Shillingstone at least.

Thank you for your reply,  I will look in the neighboring counties.

All the best.

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 April 09 17:11 BST (UK) »
I've just found on the 1841 census and may have found James and his family ( Robert not included ) as this James is a Miller and living in Morden with a wife called Israel.
In 1851 he is Widowed and living with his children as a Pauper Miller also in Morden.

So maybe this is Robert's family.

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 10 April 09 15:47 BST (UK) »
There is a Robert Bridle in Morden as well in 1841 (HO107/289/13). He is 20+, and is one of a large number of servants working for the Drax family (who remain large land owners in the same place to the present day). Robert appears to be living in the saddlery.

The 1851 census gives Robert's birthplace as Briants Puddle in c1819. so I suggest looking there.

Richard

Adde later: this person seems to be chasing the same Robert:
http://listsearches.rootsweb.com/th/read/LONDON/2004-03/1078673395
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 10 April 09 22:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you for looking for me,  I have now written to the person who enquired about Robert Bridle on the Mailing list and I have also sent an enquiry to the Dorset OPC page.  Thank you I am very grateful to all who is helping find my ancestors.

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 10 April 09 23:24 BST (UK) »
I've looked at the Dorset Page and Briants Puddle is not there so I looked for neighbouring villages and Affpuddle is one mile away so I looked for baptisims there and found children to James and Isreal Bridle:
William Bap 13 May 1810  James & Israel
Richard Bap 19 Apri 1812 James & Israel
Elizabeth Bap 3 Apr 1814 father Carpenter of Burton James & Israel
Anna Maria Bap 22 Dec 1816 Dairyman James & Israel
Robert Bap 10 Jan 1819 Diaryman Robert & Israel  ??  (  fathers name could be an error ? )
Mary Runyard Bridle Bap 24 Aug 1823 Carpenter Briants Puddle James & Israel
James Edward Bap 9 May 1830 James & Israel Shopkeeper

and

Elizabeth Runyard Bridle Pat 4 Aug 1839 parents William & Anne Labourer of Waddock
Isreal Briddle Bapt 1845 parents William & Anne ( Ayn,  LDS site )

Runyard is an unusual middle name,  so I am assuming its a surname,  mother/Grandmothers maybe.
I think this is James and Israel's oldest son William's family.

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 11 April 09 11:05 BST (UK) »
If you look about three quaters of the way down this page you will see James Bridle/Israel Roberts Runyard and their children:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~joanne/family/f254.htm

And here is someone else on Rootschat looking for your family:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b81b5186b769efbcb7422b324baf1a2d&topic=136420.0

Richard
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 11 April 09 17:20 BST (UK) »
Hello rjknott,

You are brilliant,  I would never have found these, thank you so much,  so I do have the right family and plus it tells me a lot more,   I can't quite see how I can get in touch with the person who have put this on ancestry, but I will keep looking.  I have also written to the other person researching Bridle and today I received  a message from the person who's link you provided me with yesterday,  so things are looking good.

Thank you once again for all your help.

All the very best.