Author Topic: From Keady to Emy  (Read 29813 times)

Offline Siouxsie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My grandmother, Myrtle Isabel
    • View Profile
Re: From Keady to Emy
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 31 May 09 01:46 BST (UK) »
Dear Newgent,
Wow........your family history is certainly taking shape!

Cheers
Susie
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Hutton : Edinburgh, Scotland
Downey : England
Ingram: St George East, Middlesex and New Zealand
Roberts : Grafton, NSW
Blackadder : Grafton, NSW
Gillett : Grafton, NSW
Brocklebank :Carkettle, Lancashire
Bowes : Ulverston, Lancashire
Rose : Bo'ness, Linlithgowshire, Scotland
Kelleher:County Cork, Ireland
Shepherd : Helpringham, Lincolnshire

Offline glynnpd

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 17 September 09 04:48 BST (UK) »
Dear Newgent,
I am a descendant of Archibald and Catherine, through Thomas and his daughter Florence Olive. I have some information from the publication 'Pioneers of the Illawarra' this includes a photograph of Archibald and Catherine. I have a transcript of their marriage in Sydney in 1852. I'm happy to share these with you.

As you can image there are many descendents in the Illawarra and I've been told that one has done a lot of work on the genealogy. I've yet to find out who she is though.

I've attached the photos of Catherine and Archibald unfortunately there no really clear and I'm not sure where they are from.

Glynn
Peady,Graham,Washington,Knott,Blundell,Williams

Offline Newgent_for_life

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 20 September 09 18:55 BST (UK) »
[quote author=glynnpd.  Dear Glynn, So glad to receive your communication and especially to find out that you are descended from Archibald and Catherine. I have quite a full family tree of Archibald's brothers and their descendents which I will gladly let you have. At the moment I am on holiday in England, but when I return to Ireland and get excess to my notes we can start to put the tree together.

Yours sincerely,   Newgent.
Arbuckle;Bamford;Fagan;Glenny;Graham;Maxwell; McAlister;Mitchell;Williamson;Wisdom

Offline Newgent_for_life

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 23 September 09 19:25 BST (UK) »
Dear Glynn,
I am back at home and therefore in a better position to discuss the Graham Family tree and history, etc. I notice in your e-mail that you said you sent a   photo of Archibald and Catherine. Unfortunately it did not arrive. Don't be put of by this, as It can happen. It has happened to me. I suggest you get assistance from someone who is computer wise. Please let me know how much of the family tree you have to save me sending unnecessary information. There is another descendant of Archibald ( through his second son, John ) who has contacted me recently. His name is Ron Acton and he lives in Queensland. Do you know him?
Yours sincerely,   Newgent.
Arbuckle;Bamford;Fagan;Glenny;Graham;Maxwell; McAlister;Mitchell;Williamson;Wisdom

Offline ARCHIFOX

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Thursday 11 November 10 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
my great, great, great, were Archibald Graham and Catherine Fox, just wondering if anyone has any information about these 2 ancestors. I have found out some information about Catherine but not much about Archibald.

Cheers.

Offline Newgent_for_life

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Thursday 11 November 10 13:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
my great, great, great, were Archibald Graham and Catherine Fox.

Hello Archifox, I am related to Archibald Graham through his brother, Joseph  who was my great,great grandfather on my mother's side of the family. I inherited, or acquired  all the correspondence and albums for the Grahams through my maternal grandmother, Margaret Irons, nee Graham who was also a poetess and founding member along with Thomas Carnduff of the Belfast Poetry Circle. If you scroll back on this topic , you will find plenty of comments related to your query. I on the other hand will be quite willing to show with you anything I have or know.
Yours,  etc.,   Newgent.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Friday 12 November 10 18:52 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat ARCHIFOX. This is reply number 78, so as you can see there are many pages back with information to read. Most of us on here are helpers, but those who are descendants will declare it somewhere in a reply, so you'll find them as you read it all through. Have fun!
There is also a private messaging system which allows you to pass info back & forth regarding the living, or for exchanging email addresses. One way you can access this is by clicking on the green scroll under their username  or avatar....but you'll need to post a few times before this feature is activated!...  All the best, J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Newgent_for_life

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday 16 November 10 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
my great, great, great, were Archibald Graham and Catherine Fox.

Hello Archifox, I tried to send a picture of Archibald but to no avail, the reason being, it was too large; They have to be under 500 something or other. What I have done is used the picture of him as the avatar. I have other picture of his wife and some children which I will send, maybe the same way.

Yours etc.,    Newgent.

Offline Newgent_for_life

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday 16 November 10 22:43 GMT (UK) »
The caption for this photo says ;   Australian Aunt and cousin of Margaret Irons.

Moderator Comment: image resized for easier viewing