Author Topic: From Keady to Emy  (Read 29833 times)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: From Keady to Emy
« Reply #90 on: Thursday 12 January 17 10:01 GMT (UK) »
No need to feel sheepish - you're doing great  :)

We're a friendly helpful bunch (and we all make mistakes, miss things, have blonde moments etc  ;D )

Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline Heritage_Seeker

• RootsChat Extra
  • Catherine Graham Nee Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Thursday 12 January 17 19:51 GMT (UK) »
So I know I'm coming into this conversation quite late but were people still after a photo of Catherine Fox? My husband's Aunty has ancestry and she printed off the photo that is my profile picture, which is Catherine.

Graham, Baxter, Elms, Mackenzie

Offline Heritage_Seeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Saturday 14 January 17 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone know of any ancestry links to Scottish royalty through Archie Graham, it's been a bit of a family story.

Offline Newgent_for_life

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: From Keady to EmU.
« Reply #93 on: Thursday 26 January 17 13:03 GMT (UK) »
Archibald Graham, b. 1815, Dundrum, County Armagh. Married at Keady Second Presbyterian Church, Mary, as his first wife, daughter of the late Mr. John Campbell of Keady, by his wife, Jane and subsequently, along with their infant son Robert, see infra, they immigrated to Australia, arriving there on 2nd. October 1838, on the "Coromanandel."

Trust this is of help to you.
Arbuckle;Bamford;Fagan;Glenny;Graham;Maxwell; McAlister;Mitchell;Williamson;Wisdom

Offline Heritage_Seeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: From Keady to EmU.
« Reply #94 on: Thursday 26 January 17 18:23 GMT (UK) »
Archibald Graham, b. 1815, Dundrum, County Armagh. Married at Keady Second Presbyterian Church, Mary, as his first wife, daughter of the late Mr. John Campbell of Keady, by his wife, Jane and subsequently, along with their infant son Robert, see infra, they immigrated to Australia, arriving there on 2nd. October 1838, on the "Coromanandel."

Trust this is of help to you.

I think I've read this information before. I'd like to go back further than Peter. Was this family connected to the Graham clan of Scotland?

Offline Newgent_for_life

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Thursday 26 January 17 22:02 GMT (UK) »
If you have already read the post I sent them there is not much more I can give you, as it was part of a 10 page fulscape  post sent about 6 ears ago to NSW
Arbuckle;Bamford;Fagan;Glenny;Graham;Maxwell; McAlister;Mitchell;Williamson;Wisdom

Offline Heritage_Seeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Friday 27 January 17 04:57 GMT (UK) »
If you have already read the post I sent them there is not much more I can give you, as it was part of a 10 page fulscape  post sent about 6 ears ago to NSW
Oh okay, I was hoping that after 6 years some more information had been unearthed. Oh well, if I manage to find out if the family story of connections to Scottish aristocracy are true I'll post it on here  :)

Offline Heritage_Seeker

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone,
I asked on a FB page that is dedicated to the history of the Kembla/Wollongong area about Archie and his family. I got a bit of info. A woman also asked if I knew of a relation to Archie called Ezekial Graham born 1810 in North Carolina. I didn't know the name but thought one of you might have come across him in your searches.

Thanks 😊

Offline Newgent_for_life

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Saturday 22 April 17 13:14 BST (UK) »
Archibald Graham, b. 1815 at Keady, County Armagh Had a brother called Robert who emigrated to Canada and finally settled at Hamilton where he died 1847.