Author Topic: Look ups rqd; James Bliss & family 1861  (Read 3018 times)

Offline davidlle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Look ups rqd; James Bliss & family 1861
« on: Friday 18 February 05 20:17 GMT (UK) »
James Bliss born in 1808 moved to Plymouth around 1860 and was the vicar of St James in the Parish of St Andrew.  He had a large number of children (12?) starting with Henry and finishing with Louisa Charlotte in 1863.

Four questions – in the 1871 census he was not living with Mary (nee Fellows) his wife born in c 1820 – what had happened to her – or was she just away?

Secondly, are there any records of the family in the 1861 census?

Are there any burials of the Bliss family in Plymouth.?

Any other events recorded perhaps around the church?

Any help would be much appreciated. 
I am a descendant of his first son Henry.       

David

Offline tombliss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Look ups rqd; James Bliss & family 1861
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 20 February 05 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Mary the wife Of Rev. James Bliss was visiting her cousin Thomas Fellowes in the Stevenage area in 1871.

I have most census records for the family except 1861 at present. They were living at Manningford Bruce rectory 1881/91.  There is a memorial to Mary although she and James died at Sydenham Kent.

the second son Chas John Harvey Bliss late lieutenant RN died at the family home 3 Lansdowne Place Plymouth 17 10 1870.

One of the daus Lucy Ann F married Richard Rundle in Plymouth 3/4 1878.  He was executor to the wills of both her parents.

Would you like to swap more info. I am chairman of the Bliss FHS.

Regards Tom

Offline davidlle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Look ups rqd; James Bliss & family 1861
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 February 05 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes Tom this would be really helpful.   Pse mail me on

MODERATOR COMMENT: email address removed to avoid spamming. Please use personal message system provided to share email addresses and personal information

Thanks for the information.    David