Author Topic: Happy Happy!! A new find.  (Read 1482 times)

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Happy Happy!! A new find.
« on: Friday 18 February 05 22:39 GMT (UK) »
I have to brag.  I spent more money than I should have but am treating myself (not smoking for 49 days now!). I ordered a burial record from a cemetery. Well, with the bill for the cost of the record, the cemetery also told me there were 11 others in the same plot.  WOW!! It is a branch that I have had many problems with as it is a very odd surname and no one is else in the world seems to be researching it : Torborg.   When I heard there were 11 other names I thought I must have them but the price was to be $50. The catch is I have no idea what was on the burial records and if they had the same surnames and if the family had not sold the burial plot for extra cash.  It was a chance that I had to take.

Well, I hit pay dirt with all the records.  I found out how that whole group of 12 Torborg's was related.  It has the lot owner, cause of death, next of kin, street address at time of death and so much more.  I am so glad to have taken the chance.   ;D
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline wellie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Happy!! A new find.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 February 05 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Some people are born lucky lol  ;) well done
Wellavize- Wellavise- Willavize - Willavise - willavoys all area's

Paul E

« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 February 05 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Nutkin - that's quite a find!  Your 49 days of not smoking has been well rewarded - well done! :)

Paul

Offline acorngen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 February 05 22:58 GMT (UK) »
WTG Nutkin, I know how hard it is to stop I lasted 12 months and started again so keep going and don't make my mistake and think one wont harm :(

Rob
WYATT, COX, STRATTON, all from south Derbyshire and the STS, LEI border Burns Fellows Gough Wilks from STS in particular Black Country and now heading into SOP

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 February 05 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Stick with it Nutkin  :-\. My wife and I had both smoked for 40 years and we gave up simultaneously. We haven't smoked for 5 and a half years  ;D and I am only about 12 pounds heavier. :'(
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 19 February 05 00:54 GMT (UK) »
I think i have gained 5 pounds but well worth it.  All the money from not smoking goes to genealogy now.  I have purchased quite a few records that I wanted to get before but did not have the spare cash. 

Thank you for the encouragement.  I quit with the hubby and so far so good for us both.
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline wellie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 19 February 05 13:39 GMT (UK) »
I gave up 7 years ago after 30years of 40 aday. keep it up Nutkin
Wellavize- Wellavise- Willavize - Willavise - willavoys all area's

Paul E

« Reply #7 on: Monday 21 February 05 07:50 GMT (UK) »
Better if you can stick with it Nutkin - I've 'given up' seven or eight times to date and I'm back on what is a very harmful and expensive treadmill.

Keep going or you'll end up with teeth like mine! :)

Paul

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 21 February 05 18:30 GMT (UK) »
Well done all of you.  I know how hard it must be.

If I had to give up my daily intake of tea I'd die.

I get withdrawal symptoms during the night and hubby is on hand with a pint mug 8am.  Do they do tannin patches ?

Su
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright