Author Topic: CAWOOD  (Read 10708 times)

Offline Asterby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CAWOOD
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 11 July 10 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hannah Cawood and Richard Bush of Otley were my great grandparents. I have informarion and photographs if anyone interested

Offline starlight7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 July 10 01:13 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Richard Bush was my Great Grandad's ( Edmund Bush or Edward Bush) brother so we are related - that is so exciting!  I would love more information and / or any pics about him.  I have a picture of Edmund with his family and a very old pic that I think is William with his family and Jenny Proctor his wife.
I am in Australia - guess we travel around a bit from where our ancestors were!

Cheers,

Jane

Offline Asterby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 July 10 18:21 BST (UK) »
This would be easier if you could contact me directly.

Asterby

(*) Moderator Comment: phone number and e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline redshank

• RootsChat Senior
  • Society Street in Hunslet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 November 10 18:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have CAWOODs in Walshford near Wetherby, Yorks through the 1800s. Some of them end up in Wortley in Leeds by the end of the 19thC. They seem to be called COWARD initially and then the name is spelled Cawood instead by 1851.

Let me know if that ties up at all.

Thanks,
redshank
Kirkland in Derbyshire and Leeds; Francis, Elson, Coxon, Tempest, Wheeldon and Barker in Derbyshire; Cawood/Coward, Richmond, Brier/Brear, (H)Akins, Winterbottom, Nicholson, Mellor, Noble, Atkinson, Moor(e), Sloan(e), Tyson, Amos and Cooper  in Yorkshire; Goddard/Godarth in Devon, 17th Regiment and Yorkshire; Hodgkinson and Shrimpton in Bucks; Clewley in Oxfordshire.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline starlight7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 11 November 10 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Hannah Cawood and Richard Bush of Otley were my great grandparents. I have informarion and photographs if anyone interested

Hello,

We contacted each other a while back but they removed your email addy so I was never able to reach you again.  I'm still doing the genealogy and my tree is growing- I have a lot on the Bush family if you would like to contact me. I am not sure how tio do the PMs from here

Jane

Offline starlight7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 11 November 10 00:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have CAWOODs in Walshford near Wetherby, Yorks through the 1800s. Some of them end up in Wortley in Leeds by the end of the 19thC. They seem to be called COWARD initially and then the name is spelled Cawood instead by 1851.

Let me know if that ties up at all.

Thanks,
redshank

Hi Redshank,

I would say it is quite likely the same family. Many people from my tree are connected with Wortley, including the Whitakers, Bush family and Cawoods.

J

Offline redshank

• RootsChat Senior
  • Society Street in Hunslet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 11 November 10 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jane,

I don't recognise your Whitaker or Bush families but Francis CAWOOD was in Wortley by 1878 when his eldest son Albert was born. Francis was a train driver and was married to Fanny (nee ATKINSON).

The family lived at 17 Bright Street, Wortley in 1881 and I'm told that Fanny had a shop near Armley Jail at some point.

Thanks,
redshank
Kirkland in Derbyshire and Leeds; Francis, Elson, Coxon, Tempest, Wheeldon and Barker in Derbyshire; Cawood/Coward, Richmond, Brier/Brear, (H)Akins, Winterbottom, Nicholson, Mellor, Noble, Atkinson, Moor(e), Sloan(e), Tyson, Amos and Cooper  in Yorkshire; Goddard/Godarth in Devon, 17th Regiment and Yorkshire; Hodgkinson and Shrimpton in Bucks; Clewley in Oxfordshire.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garth c

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 29 October 11 04:42 BST (UK) »
Hi all
just joined and noticed you talking about cawoods from South Africa , Im a decendant from those Cawoods my grandmother was a cawood from the cawoods that settled in SA they apparently planted the first crop of cotton in SA an 2 table clothes with matching napkins were made the one sent back to europe and one stayed in SA in the simonstown or grahamstown museum with the family tree on it .
I live in New Zealand now and have not been able to get any info yet , just starting to gather info

Garth