Author Topic: Martin Casey Roscommon  (Read 5712 times)

Offline diavalos

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Martin Casey Roscommon
« on: Sunday 12 April 09 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am looking for a birth record for Martin Casey born Roscommon abt. 1828. 1871 he was living Onchan Isle of man. and his occupation was a cutler and later umbrella maker.
Thankyou
Joyce

Offline johnroscommon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Martin Casey Roscommon
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 April 09 03:29 BST (UK) »
From the LDS British Isles Vital Records set of 16 CDs:
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

John

Offline supersue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 November 09 19:34 GMT (UK) »
Martin Casey was my great great grandfather.    He married Jessie Gardiner in Dumfries, Scotland , their granddaughter was my grandmother.  Can we share information.

Moderator's Comment: Please see new thread here:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,421798.0.html

Offline jerrycasey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 February 10 18:21 GMT (UK) »
My great grandfather was Martin Casey of Roscommon, Ireland who immigrated to N. Attleboro, Mass in the 1800's.  We still have his immigration papers.  That's all I know.  I'd like to know who he married.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 February 10 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Jerry. Looks like Martin Casey was a fairly common name in Roscommon.
Perhaps if you give us some more details we can try to help you.
When was he born? exactly when did he leave Ireland? was he married here or after he arrived in U.S.? do his papers list his birthplace in Ireland (to search Irish records you'll need to know the parish is not the townland he came from)?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline diavalos

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 26 February 10 12:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Supersue
I have only just seen your message and not sure how i missed it. Martin Casey is actually my husbands 3x great grandfather. His great grandmother was Mary Ann Casey later Mary Ann Hart, born Isle of Man or Poulton-le Fylde married John Hart from Ashton in Makerfield.
Do we have a match. If so i would love to hear from you.
Joyce

Offline jerrycasey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 March 10 17:29 GMT (UK) »
My Martin Casey received his US immigration papers on March 28,  1883 in N.  Attleboro,   Mass.  His family resided in Pawtucket,  R.I. most of their lives.  He ended up in Mass where he had my grandfather. Cheers.

Offline supersue

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 10 June 10 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Joyce,  we certainly have a match.   My grandmother was Alice Hart, born in Ashton in Makerfield. daughter of Mary Ann Casey/Hart.  Alice married George Howell who was born in Ince in Makerfield,and their son John Howell was my father.

Do you have any information about the Casey family in Roscommon, Ireland,  I am finding it very difficult to trace them.  I use GenesReunited, and Ancestry.co.uk and would be interested in linking up with you, if this appropriate. 

Sorry for not contacting you before now, but have only just found your reply, best wishes Sue

Offline diavalos

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 14 June 10 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue it was lovely to hear from another Hart/casey, although they are my husbands family i have spent so much time researching them i feel like they are mine. I have struggled to find anything for Martin in Ireland other than some tythe records that mention a Martin Casey  in Ballylugnagon County Boyle Roscommon. This Martin was probably our Martin's father, he was a tennant on land it was part cultivated and part bog. He grew potatoes and other crops. The failure of these crops during the famine, may have forced them to move to Scotland. but other than that they are a bit of a mystery.

I would be interested to know more about your branch of the family, and his is my e-mail address if you want to contact me (*)
Regards Joyce

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php