Author Topic: Looking for Rush, O'Brien (O'Brian), Murray, Berry, Carty, & Conlon connections  (Read 5897 times)

Offline Bobby Conlon

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for any marriages among these families in Westmeath and Tubberclare Parish. I know that a Rush and Murrays married, and Conlons married a Berry etc. Also a Rush married an O'Brien. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Bob

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Rush, O'Brien (O'Brian), Murray, Berry, Carty, & Conlon connections
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 14 April 09 09:16 BST (UK) »
If you could added details like full names and dates (or even approx. dates) someone might be able to find information for you or suggest where to look next.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Bobby Conlon

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Rush, O'Brien (O'Brian), Murray, Berry, Carty, & Conlon connections
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 April 09 01:10 BST (UK) »
Looking for info on marriage of Catherine Murray and a William Berry, a marriage of Thomas Conlon and Anne Berry in 1847 in Tubberclaire, a Patrick Rush from Corr, Westmeath and a Bridget Murray maybe in Drumraney Parish, a Michael Conlon and Elizabeth Carty in 1870 in Tubberclaire, and other marriages in that era among the families. Thank you! Bob

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Rush, O'Brien (O'Brian), Murray, Berry, Carty, & Conlon connections
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 April 09 16:01 BST (UK) »
Since you have names and approx. dates I suggest you search for marriages in index to Irish civil registrations on LDS Pilot site- check under bride and groom then cross-reference for matching year, registration district, volume and page number. With that information you will be able to order the marriage certificates. Keep in mind that civil registration of Catholic marriages started in 1864 and other marriages from 1845 so if, for example, it was a Catholic ceremony in 1847 then there will be no marriage certificate and you will have to search for church records (if they exist).
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;t=searchable;c=1408347
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!