Author Topic: f Thomas Sabiston and Agnes orkney islands  (Read 9261 times)

Offline Rina Patricia Hardesty Ihlen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: f Thomas Sabiston and Agnes orkney islands
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 February 18 18:06 GMT (UK) »
My  Thomas was born in 1714 He married Ann Gorie  in 1732. Some places  it says Agnes. What i am looking for is  his mother and father  and  as far back as  one can.

Thomas and Ann had a son named David born in 1735 some places say 1750 but he was killed by a slave in 1811 in North carolina. He is one of my forefathers.. ;D

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 February 18 23:20 GMT (UK) »
No birth of a Thomas predating the marriage.  But starting around 1700 and earlier the records become quite thin.

Marriage of Thomas Sabiston & Anna Gorie, 1732-11-16, Kirkwall & St Ola [IGI/OPR Index: 1732-021]

And the baptisms of their children:

John Sibiston (M), 1734-05-25, Holm [IGI/OPR Index: 1734-019]
David Sibiston (M), 1736-01-25, Holm [IGI/OPR Index: 1736-019]
Jannet Sibistoun (F), 1738-01-24, Holm [IGI/OPR Index: 1738-019]
Magnus Sabiston (M), 1740-10-19, Kirkwall & St Ola [IGI/OPR Index: 1740-021]
Ann Sabiston (F), 1743-04-24, Kirkwall & St Ola [IGI/OPR Index: 1743-021]

There is nothing on Ann/Anna predating her marriage either. 

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline Rina Patricia Hardesty Ihlen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 February 18 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so much.. You have been a great help.. I bet there is more viking blood in me than i really should have.
My mother was a Norwegian and my father was an American. So i guess my bloodline is really really mixed up.
 From what i know on my mothers side is french, Belgium danish.. my fathers father side is English, yorkshire , fewston
The sabiston line comes from my grandfathers mother who was married to a William Blackledge Sabiston
 her name was  Sarah Jane  nee Dickinson they had a daughter Named Elisabeth Sabiston Hardesty who married Elijah Hardesty

:)

Offline Kiwi Alan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Sabiston One Name Study in the UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 25 September 18 08:19 BST (UK) »
Here is Ann Gorie's parents
Father: David Gorrie, born 20 May 1677 in Kirkwall, Orkney.
Mother: Jannet Meason, born 12 Mar 1674 in St Andrews, Orkney.
Marriage: 29 Oct 1701 in Kirkwall, Orkney with 8 children.
During research in Edinburgh I views the original OPR for David (son) birth cert and Anns' marriage cert and was able to collect this info. I doubt that it is posible to go further back than this but would like to know if anyone has done so
My mother is a Sabiston and during my research in my ancestors I have recorded all the instances of the surname Sabiston and spelling variations, which has become a One Name Study. I am happy to share the info I have, but would like a little in return to help fill in many missing pieces and linage  I have not yet been able to complete. My main focus is on the Orkney and English surname but have collected info on any instance of Sabiston I find and any spelling variation I come across