Author Topic: Miles Family Tree in Pembrokeshire?  (Read 8799 times)

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
Re: Miles Family Tree in Pembrokeshire?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 21 July 13 17:50 BST (UK) »
I'm researching the family of John Miles, born 27 June 1824 in Llanwnda.   He married Anne Higgon 3 March 1850.   Any information on this family greatly appreciated.

Dave

I presume John is a younger sibling to Ann Miles baptised 15 Nov 1814 to John & Ashsha Miles of Llanwnda, other members lightly to be Benjamin of 1813 Levi of 1818 Margaret of 1823 and Martha of 1821.
The problem is that there is no mention of a mrge of John Miles to an Ashsha (Surname Unknown) in the area of Nth Pembs, pre 1814, so the lightlyhood is that he is an incomer.
Rgds
Owen Ap Benfro
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 21 July 13 18:33 BST (UK) »
That's the family Owen, Achsah David was baptised 10 Aug 1783 in Llanwnda.   I have traced her marriage to John Miles to 20 Jul 1802 in Llawhaden.    I have not been able to go further back however but am ever hopeful.

Regards, Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline Orielbenfro

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 22 July 13 07:22 BST (UK) »
I have traced her marriage to John Miles to 20 Jul 1802 in Llawhaden. 

Dave
I found it. Probably brother to James Miles who married Hannah Thomas at Llawhaden in 1804. I will keep an eye for anything further, however since there are no Miles Family pre mrge of 1802 in Llawhaden area, one wonders where the family had come from.
Rgds
Owen Ap Benfro
ORIEL (world wide 1042 ~ 2013)
P.R.'s Pembs St Mary, St Michael & Monkton St Nicholas
e-books ~ Headstones & Memorials of St Mary, St Michael, Monkton St Nicholas
e-book ~ Park Street Cemetery Pembroke Dock
e-book ~ Ex Servicemen buried Llanion Cemetery
e-book ~ British Military Cemetery 1832 ~ 1948
Pembrokeshire Military Related Headstones 1714 ~ 2013
PEMBROKE Town & District (History of People and Places)
1946-2015

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 22 July 13 11:31 BST (UK) »
You could well be right Owen, I was not aware of the James Miles - Hannah Thomas marriage.   Was there any mention of fathers' names?   I was only able to obtain John's marriage because his wife had such an unusual name, obscure biblical character the daughter of Caleb.

Goodness knows where the Miles and David families originated.   I have some Miles in my tree going back to the 18th century in Kington St Michael, Wiltshire.

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire