Author Topic: Electoral Roll Look Up Request  (Read 6316 times)

Online sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Electoral Roll Look Up Request
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 18 April 09 00:45 BST (UK) »
Hi
James is buried at Fawkner Cemetery.
Carlton, James aged 68. 29/2/1968. Comp. D.  gve 685
Appears to be alone.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline marydot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 18 April 09 08:10 BST (UK) »
I am indebted to all who replied to my query about the CARLTON family and can't thank you enough.
In the space of 12 hours I found out all that I possibly can about them, I think!

I will definitely purchase the death certificate for James and see what it says. Who knows I may have some relatives I never knew about in Australia.

I hope that in some small way I can repay the kindness by continuing with the work my friend and I do on our website for Todmorden in Lancashire/Yorkshire, which hopefully helps people with ancestors in that area.

Again a big thank you
Marydot

Offline PamelaC

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 April 12 13:16 BST (UK) »
If marydot is still wishing to know about Jesse Carlton and his descendants in Australia my father Kevin is still alive (83y/o) and is Jesse's son, James half brother.  Marydot certainly has Carlton relatives in Australia as James did have children. :)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 April 12 06:04 BST (UK) »
Hi PamelaC :)

Welcome to rootschat. :)

marydot hasn't logged onto rootschat since her request in Apl 2009.

If she has notifcations of new messages turned on and her email is still valid, she may should receive a notification on your post.

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wendyarby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 13 September 15 02:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Marydot and others researching Jesse Carlton ... I too am doing this as his second wife, a widow with five young children, was my maternal grandmother! Thanks to your various requests and replies I have been able to find out his arrival date and ship, for which I had been searching.(that's how this website came up). I can assure you that Jesse's "second" family loved and respected him dearly. He had two children by his second wife, and the wife of one of them has given me some information. I am new to this RootsChat. Please, how do I go about getting in contact by email without broadcasting my address to the world???!!!!

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 13 September 15 06:40 BST (UK) »
Hi
Welcome to Rootschat :)
Rootschat does not allow email addresses to be posted on the open forum for security and to prevent spam. You will need to use the PM (Personal Message) http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Click on the note button on the left-hand side under the Rootschatters user name (green when they are online or grey when offline but it doesn't matter as PM can be sent at any time).
Alternatively, you can click on a member's user name on the left-hand side, which will take you through to the members personal profile. From there you can also select "Send PM"
Type message and click on 'send message' button at the bottom right, below message screen.
An alert will be sent to the Rootschat member and hopefully, if they are still checking their emails and messages, they will reply.
To read personal messages, click "My Messages" in the brown section top section of screen.

cheers :)
cupoflife