Author Topic: Murphys from Armagh  (Read 6438 times)

Offline SVN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Murphys from Armagh
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 25 August 20 02:10 BST (UK) »
Catherine - I just came across your post, and I, too, am searching for my Murphy line back in Armagh. I have little to go on, other than my GGGGM, Hannah Murphy (nee McConville) was supposedly born in Armagh, but "possibly" Belfast in Down c. 1785 (dates are a bit fuzzy).  She married a James Murphy, for whom I have no birth date and only know he was from the region. They had many children  - all born in Armagh - and later, ended up in Lanarkshire Scotland, where Hannah eventually died (in Bridgeton). This is going back further than the people you're researching, but that doesn't mean there's not some sort of tie between our families. I am desperate to trace this line further back, but there are zero records once you get close to 1800. I do have one extra hint, though, but that only applies to Hannah - her parents might have been named Patrick McConville and Catherine Connelly. Would love to see if there is any kind of match up!  :  )

Regards, Susie   

Offline Heatherjean76

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tenie Loye Murphy
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 19 October 23 11:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
My Grandma was Tenie Loye Murphy, I don't have any memories of her as she passed away when I was around 18 months old.
My Dad is David Loye, I am looking to go and visit Tenies grave next year so would love to know more information about her life in Ireland as a young lady.