Author Topic: Look up for two Baptisms in Lower Coity, Bridgend, Thank you  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Look up for two Baptisms in Lower Coity, Bridgend, Thank you
« on: Sunday 19 April 09 00:08 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Can anybody please help me,  I would like if possible a   look up for two Baptisms in Lower Coity Bridgend please,  my ancestors names were Arthur James Maiden and Florence/Florrie Maiden.

Arthur James was born 1891 Bridgend and Florence Mar 1893.

In 1891 the family was living at Coychurch Road and it states that the Parish was Coity Lower,  so I am not sure what Church they would have been Baptized in, the parents names were Arthur and Elizabeth possible Ellison but then again it could be Thompson.

I am going to send of for the birth certificates but it will be a while before they get t me.

Thank you for your help.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Look up for two Baptisms in Lower Coity, Bridgend, Thank you
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 April 09 00:30 BST (UK) »
Hi

Births

Arthur James Maiden September qtr 1891  Bridgend 
Volume: 11a  Page: 713

Deaths

Arthur James Maiden September qtr 1891 age 0 Bridgend
Volume: 11a Page: 365

Births

Florence Maiden March qtr 1893   Bridgend  Volume: 11a 
Page: 775

But no trace of Florence on the 1901
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 April 09 00:42 BST (UK) »
Deaths

Arthur Maiden aged 41 March qtr 1893  Bridgend Volume: 11a
Page: 436
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Carino

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 April 09 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Carole,

Thank you for looking for me,  I do have the dates but not the certificates as yet,  if I am honest I am a little impatient and maybe I should wait for the certificates to come,  but a question has been raised and I am a little curios as to who the mother of the last two children are,  for the rest of the other children that were born to her and Arthur and in England the mothers name was Elizabeth Ellison  and named her father  Richard Ellison on her marriage certificate to her husband Arthur but then I have another certificate for Elizabeth when she remarried after  Arthur's death to a Patrick Clark it states that her father is now William Thompson, so I am hoping that if the children were Baptized maybe they would say who the mothers surname may have been.

You say you can't see Florence on the 1901,  I am assuming you mean the census,  I can't find her either or her siblings,  the only ones I can find is her mother who's now in Abercynon under Clark and her sister who is now married to a James Donovan,  the rest of the family have disappeared.

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to look for me.