Author Topic: Grzimish family: Jewellers Aldgate & Islington  (Read 13437 times)

Offline jax54

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Grzimish family: Jewellers Aldgate & Islington
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 08 July 12 01:36 BST (UK) »
Hi I have just joined Rootchat and found this thread. My grandmother was Bessie Grimish, daughter of Isidore Grimish. I have  information/photographs about the family which I am just beginning to sort through. Most of this material relates to Isidore and his family life in Australia.

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 08 July 12 03:03 BST (UK) »
Phillip Grzimish of 30 and 35 Houndsditch, City of London, Jeweller, was involved in Bankruptcy in 1862 (at 30 Houndsditch) and 1867 (at 35 Houndsditch). London Gazette.

Offline hd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 08 July 12 06:04 BST (UK) »
HI Jax 54,going by what i have been able to find in our family history ,Isidore and my great grand father Samuel where brothers.Samuel and his wife lived in Brisbane and their daughter Clara was my grandmother. Unfortunately i never got to meet her as she died very Young. Their is a lot of family history available here in Brisbane . I have never seen a picture of Samuel or his wife Emily Jane so if you have anything i would love to see them. I do have a copy of the picture of Phillip and Esther (very impressive) you have posted. I think Isidore might have lived in QLD at one stage,as you can see there has been some great help from others on this wonderful site ....Cheers HD

Offline jax54

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 09 July 12 07:24 BST (UK) »
HD Thanks for this. Know I have photo of Baron their brother. It is interesting that both Samuel and Isidore worked in hotels.