Author Topic: Visit to Clonakilty  (Read 10411 times)

Offline suep968

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Visit to Clonakilty
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 13:55 BST (UK) »
Are there a lot of farms in the Clonakilty area or would it be easy to track down which one used to Richmond Farm and has been renamed or indeed has quite possibly been sold off for building land?

Sue

Offline Brendan Joseph

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 14:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

I presume that Richmond farm is where Patrick Nagle in Griffiths lived. It is plot reference 2 a b on the map, Rathbarry School House is reference 5, Kilkerin House is to the left of the school, so you have reference points to work on.

What you do then is go to Google maps and type in Kilkerin or Rathbarry and you can see todays view of what is there, it is a beautifull part of the country, Kilkerin House or Ruins must be still there, the house was on Kilkerin lake.

Brendan

PS if you go back to PN's record in Griffiths on the far right you will find the map link

Offline suep968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 23 April 09 10:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Brendan

Thanks, I will go and google maps.

I did look on the griffiths as you suggested but couldn't see anything relating to the farm.

Sue

Offline Brendan Joseph

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 24 April 09 12:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue,

DSL was down for last two days, The Nagle farm was plot 2 a and b in Rathbarry. (Griffiths)

Brendan

Offline suep968

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 24 April 09 13:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks Brendan.

Sue

Offline Booms82

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 22 January 19 01:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue….

I know I'm about 10 years late to this discussion, which is kind of nuts.  The Nagles you are looking for lived at the Red Strand, Ardfield, Clonakilty.  I'm 36 years of age, and for the last 12 years of my life have searched for my best friend that went missing in 2007 in France, Richard Nagle.  This is how I just stumbled across your search.  Every few months, I spend a day or so seeing if I can find him.  I believe the Nagles of Ardfield you are looking for would be this family.  I can't recall the name of Richard's mother, father, brother, or sister (who last time I heard was a Psychologist in the US).  So much time has past that their name's escape me.  His uncle was named Vivian Nagle, who passed 4 years ago https://rip.ie/death-notice/vivian-nagle-clonakilty-cork/237625.  He was a well-respected teacher in the town of Clonakilty.  Right now it's one of those days I've shed a tear at that thought of Richard, and have spent a couple of hours again trying to find him.  Should you want to contact me, my email is *.  I believe this is the house on the land of the farm you are looking for (4km only from Rathbarry, putting it in the townland of Rahtbarry)  Once again, apologies for the necrobump on your post.  But I really would love to find out information just like yourself.   https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Red+Strand+Beach,+Unnamed+Rd,+Co.,+Ganniv+Beg,+Co.+Cork/51.5490096,-8.9321523/@51.5495017,-8.9323123,541m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x484452363f39a04d:0x6dc1c8a5a8329d9b!2m2!1d-8.9259799!2d51.5478352!1m0!3e0

If I recall correctly, the house to the left, the surname is Levis.  Might help if you are still on the search, or you may be able to help me in any information about Richard.  Thanking you, Conor. 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Booms82

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 22 January 19 01:49 GMT (UK) »
House to the right I mean.