Author Topic: - Completed - Help Please - Mary Hurdley - Post 1851  (Read 2802 times)

Offline aleda

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
- Completed - Help Please - Mary Hurdley - Post 1851
« on: Monday 20 April 09 17:52 BST (UK) »
Hello Chatters,
I am trying to trace Mary Hurdley born 25 Mar 1833. Father William. Mother Mary.
She is shown on 1841 census with parents at Welsh Street. On 1851 census she is a servant born Salop Colebatch Shropshire. Clun Bishops Castle. I am trying to find her marriage or death, or what happened to her after 1851. Any help greatly appreciated.
Frank
Briggs, Leeds Yorks.,  Coop, Tamworth Staff., Hurdley, Bishops Castle Shrop., Ashton, Halliwell, Morgan, Cheetham, Oldham Lancs., Hawkins, Co. Clare Ire., Flynn, Roscommon Ire.

Offline Woody32

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please - Mary Hurdley - Post 1851
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 April 09 17:56 BST (UK) »
Married one of these guys in Jun Qtr 1854

BRIGHT  Edward    Clun  6a 1061   
Hurdley  Mary     Clun  6a 1061   
Morris  John     Clun  6a 1061   

will check in the census of 1861 :)
LANCASHIRE = Wood,Howard,,Smethurst,Foxall,Cheetham,Brookes,Grime, Horrocks,Thornley,Arstall,Shawcross,Rowland,Mclean LINCOLNSHIRE = Featherstone Johnson,Toyne,Willson,

Offline Dave Francis

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cornelius Fisk Goodwin (1880-1961)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 April 09 18:01 BST (UK) »
Married one of these guys in Jun Qtr 1854

BRIGHT  Edward    Clun  6a 1061   
Hurdley  Mary     Clun  6a 1061   
Morris  John     Clun  6a 1061   

will check in the census of 1861 :)

Unfortunately the other bride was another Mary - a Mary Pugh.

Might make it difficult to work out who married who!  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames include: FRANCIS in Glamorgan / LANWORN in Monmouth / BLACKMAN, RUSSELL in Sussex / KEARSEY, BARLTROP in Essex / TOOKEY in Leicestershire / LASHMORE in London and Kent / GOODWIN, PASQUE, ATTOE, FISK, QUINTON, RUFFLES, CULLINGFORD and others in Suffolk / MAYOSS anywhere anytime! / GILMORE in Belfast

Offline Woody32

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 20 April 09 18:19 BST (UK) »
yep...nothing that jumps out straight away on the census returns...

but you could still get the marriage certificate though :)
LANCASHIRE = Wood,Howard,,Smethurst,Foxall,Cheetham,Brookes,Grime, Horrocks,Thornley,Arstall,Shawcross,Rowland,Mclean LINCOLNSHIRE = Featherstone Johnson,Toyne,Willson,

Offline aleda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 04:33 BST (UK) »
Hello Woody and Dave,

I have the marriage of Mary Hurdley and Richard Bright. Also Mary Hurdley and William Lockley. Both are not mine. The only other I have found is born 1829 Madely, living Lloyds. I think she is a bit old for my Mary. Thank you both for helping.
Frank
Briggs, Leeds Yorks.,  Coop, Tamworth Staff., Hurdley, Bishops Castle Shrop., Ashton, Halliwell, Morgan, Cheetham, Oldham Lancs., Hawkins, Co. Clare Ire., Flynn, Roscommon Ire.

Offline hancock51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 28 February 10 07:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello Frank, have just joined RootsChat as a result of finding your 2008/09 messages re Mary Hurdley b 1833.  I see you are also researching Thomas Coop b 1816.  Am also earnestly seeking to find the ancestry of both a Mary Hurdley and a Thomas Coop who married in New Zealand in 1867.  Could your Mary H and Thomas C be the ones who married in NZ in 1867?...perhaps, in the case of Thomas, after initially emigrating via Melbourne in Aug 1853 when Thomas's daughter Alice was 10 months old?  What do you think?  Do you have any details on Mary's parents William and Mary?

Alan

Offline aleda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 28 February 10 08:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello Alan,
Yes, these are the same people. The New Zealand marriage 1867 to Mary Hurdley
was second for Thomas Coop b1816.
Mary Hurdley (the mother) died 28 Apr 1854 at Bishops Castle aged 62. She is shown as wife of William Hurdley, butcher. As she is shown as wife (not widow) I am assuming William was alive 1854. As yet, can't find a record of his death, or the birth of either parent.
I (and other descendents) have a fair amount of info. on Thomas Coop b.1816 and his ancesters.
Frank

Offline hancock51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 March 10 03:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello Frank,  thanks for your quick reply. Do you have the 1861 Victorian death cert for Alice Sarah Coop, which shows she was the dter of Thomas and Mary?  And perhaps Thomas's 1886 Victorian death cert?  Are you by any chance the private member of Ancestry.com who has posted photos of Thomas's son Frederick William Coop and wife Annie?  Pls let me know how I can help you.

Alan

Offline aleda

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 01 March 10 11:04 GMT (UK) »
Yes Alan,
The photos came from me. They are on the family tree of a distant cousin,( not my tree).
I have digital death records of Alice Sarah and her father Thomas d.1886, but not actual certificates.
Alan after you have made 3 posts on Rootschat we can use the personal message system on Rootschat to communicate. I can then give you much more information and provide other sources of research.
Frank