Author Topic: Llanidloes birth 1885  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llanidloes birth 1885
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 12:31 BST (UK) »
Um, neither births look too good then? ....  :-\

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 12:34 BST (UK) »
Doesn't look like it - unless she was using Llanidloes as the nearest 'big' place or the place that she remembers from childhood rather than being born there.

Tis a tricky one.

Could the names of her children help?

gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 12:46 BST (UK) »
Have sent you a PM Gadget.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 13:06 BST (UK) »
Will have a bit more looking around - if only we could get a definite on the passenger lists  :(
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 April 09 17:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruskie and Gravatt  :)

There's an interesting Henry Rees Rowlands born  and living at Llanwnog on the 1891:

RG12/4591 F 80 P 15

Nantry, Llanwnog

Richards
Elizabeth. m, 55, charwoman
James, s, 27, general labourer
Mary, d, 14, -
Albert, s, 12, scholar
Henry Rees Rowlands, grds, 8, scholar
Albert Victor Rowlands, grds, 3, -
Mary Thomas, visitor, 26, Housekeeper (domestic), b. Mont., Cemmaes

All except Elizabeth are unmarried. All except Mary Thomas b. Llanwnog

Gadget

Offline gravatt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 April 09 00:05 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Ruskie and Gadget for trying to find this elusive woman.  I feel that we won't get anywhere with this one because we don't know IF she was married or not,  there are so many Jones's and from what I can gather Rowland's is nearly as common.  I had that same passenger list for 1911 also,  it could be her .  I may get in touch with the library at Aberysatwyth as I think I may be able to tell them the date as 7/1/1885 born in Llanidloes(Newtown) and I think if they don't have a margaret jones/rowlands with that birthdate they will tell you, will get in touch with them and find out what the procedure is.
Thanks for all the hardwork I really appreciate it, if I do find out anything I will let you know one way or the other,  thanks again.