Author Topic: completed mills family  (Read 52987 times)

Offline robinso

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: completed mills family
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 04:00 BST (UK) »
The Christchurch Museum also has an extensive photo catalog that can be viewed onsite. Unfortunately it is not online and you need to first search the index and then manually request the photo file for viewing. This can take up to 24 hours to retrieve. This facility is also only open during business hours.

I have in the past while in Christchurch searched the index and found some content regarding the Mills family. I unfortunatly ran out of time to go through it all.

I did find a hand drawn family tree for Arthur Henry Mills (b1872 d1956) and Janet Ralston. Arthur Henry Mills was a son of Alexander Charles Mills and Emma nee Loader.

Offline jacmills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 04 August 10 05:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Robinso

Thanks for that. I have looked up and found Alexander and Emily in the Christchurch cemetrary records. So thanks for that suggestion
That would be great if you have higher res versions :)

I would love to be able to travel to NZ and check that out. Its a great idea.

Thanks

jacqui

Offline harley08

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 24 September 10 05:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Robinso

Wow the photos are amazing, I will show these to my grandmother and mother who will be totally blown away .  Thank you so much!

Jenni (harley08)

Offline Kat12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 11 February 12 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am 4xgrand-daughter of James Edward Mills. Have just discovered all of your posts on the Mills Family. The information has been really helpful. Thank you to everyone. I have just started looking into the family tree.
I noticed harley08 wrote James Edward married Clara Charlton. I have her first name as Frances- b 1845 in London, Middlesex, U.K. And died in 1905 in Sydney Australia. The census in 1851 shows she lived in Covent Garden, London U.K.
Also noticed jacmills wrote James Edward and Clara had a son- John Leonard. Well he had a brother named Ernest Charles, b- 1865- d 1941, married to Eliza Vivian Cogar b-1868-d-1947. Ernest Charles was my ggggrandfather.
It's been exciting reading all the information you all have posted. My mind boggles with the extent of relatives out there.  :)

Offline craigt

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 21 February 12 08:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kat12, I noticed your post from a week ago. Like you I am part of the vast Mills clan, descended from Alexander and Emily through their daughter Emily. I recently asked the Priaulx Library in Guernsey to complete some research for me on Mary Eustace, Alexander's mother and got back the following information:

Civil death register.
Date of death:        17 September 1868
Name:                   Mary Eustas (widow of Alex Mills).
Age at death:         80 years
Father:                  Thomas Eustas
Address at death:   Rue Saumarez, St Peter Port.
Cause of death:      Decadence naturelle (Natural causes).

My next step will be to ask the Priaulx Library to research the Eustace/Eustas family further, so we can find out the name of Mary’s mother, and Mary’s siblings etc.

I see on Rootsweb someone has posted a family tree for Samuel, another of Alexander and Emily's children and I have possibly found their son Charles; the only one I don't have any information on is Thomas, who is possibly the twin of my great great grandmother Emily. I would like to start an informal e-mail network of Mills descendents (if there isn't one already). As this is your first post you may know you need two more before you can send a personal message in which case, if you wanted to, you could be sent details of how to join the Mills forum.   

Regards,
Craig.   

Offline Kat12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 06:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Craig
Thank you for the information on Mary Eustace. I only had her birth year. I have printed out all of the posts for our Mills family and sent it to my auntie. She grew up a Mills and was excited to know I was researching our family.
I have only looked at the direct Mills line so now I will start looking at siblings and spouces.
Thanks
Kate

Offline Kat12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 06:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Craig
I was unaware I needed 2 more posts to receive private messages :). I would like to be a part of a Mills forum/ e-mails etc. Whatever it may be. Thank you for letting me know.
Kate

Offline Kat12

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 22 February 12 07:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Forgot to mention I found some info on James Edward Mills b 1841 St Peters Port, Gurnsey. I received a death record of James Mills died in 1921 Randwick, N.S.W Australia. I asked Waverley Cemetery in Bronte, Sydney if they had a James Edward Mills and they replied they had a James Mills there. So not confirmed but seems very likely to be our James Edward Mills. Further investigations would need to be done to confirm. I thought it was a good start.
:) Kate

Offline harley08

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 17 September 12 00:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Kate

I have just caught up with my posts on here, and am quite excited to find another Mills family member