Author Topic: Bohemia Estate Eastwood  (Read 40745 times)

Offline social-butterflies

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
Re: Bohemia Estate Eastwood
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 27 May 09 20:34 BST (UK) »
hi lavina

dont have that name in my tree as yet but thank you for the details, i will keep them if thats ok with you as you never know who's going to pop up when researching :D
olive is a name that does run through my ancestors so it would not surprise me .

thank you again  ;)
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
smith (inc epping forest)
heron
bibby

Offline CitizenSmith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 28 May 09 08:50 BST (UK) »
hello citizensmith,

thanks for that info, my grandfathers were william & thomas webb and also have buckley's and devonshires in my tree so for me very interesting.  ;D
i never knew this site existed, is it new?

Hi

The Essex RO site isn't new. It's had its catalogue online for several years - but I'd never searched for the Bohemia Estate before.

I note that one of the Buckleys - Otley - is described as being the owner of a wooden bungalow on wheels . That building plan would really be worth seeing.

Must say, Devonshire isn't a name I've come across before. Does it belong to Essex?

Best wishes

Sharon
Smith - East Anglia & Lancashire
Taylor - East Anglia
Draper
Hope
Shaw
Gray
Boswell
Lovell
Robinson
Chilcott
All Blackpool Gypsies
"Royal Epping Forest Gypsies": ball-giving group
"Borrow's Gypsies": the people that the novelist George Borrow (1803-1881) knew and wrote about

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 28 May 09 17:20 BST (UK) »
hello sharon,
i have devonshires marrying into my webb line and they seem have been in eastwood for quite a few years (some use the surname of boscoe rather than devonshire, dont know if that name may mean more to you)
what did you put in to get the details for otley buckley, ? would definatley like to see that.
i did a search for caravans and tents to. some details appear which was surprising as i wasnt sure if it would register.  :D
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 28 May 09 19:46 BST (UK) »
hello sharon,
dont worry i found it.  8) thanks
hello citizensmith,

thanks for that info, my grandfathers were william & thomas webb and also have buckley's and devonshires in my tree so for me very interesting.  ;D
i never knew this site existed, is it new?

Hi

The Essex RO site isn't new. It's had its catalogue online for several years - but I'd never searched for the Bohemia Estate before.

I note that one of the Buckleys - Otley - is described as being the owner of a wooden bungalow on wheels . That building plan would really be worth seeing.

Must say, Devonshire isn't a name I've come across before. Does it belong to Essex?

Best wishes

Sharon
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline kimberlysmith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 19 June 09 16:05 BST (UK) »
Through tracing my family tree i have found out that my great uncle Oscar Smith and great aunt Beatrice Boswell ran away to southend to get married and were married in eastwood church, they eventually settled in bishop stortford. however many of my family lived in and around eastwood including rochford

Offline kimberlysmith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 19 June 09 16:20 BST (UK) »
Through tracing my family tree i have found out that my great uncle Oscar Smith and great aunt Beatrice Boswell ran away to southend to get married and were married in eastwood church, they eventually settled in bishop stortford. however many of my family lived in and around eastwood including rochford

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 21 June 09 10:36 BST (UK) »
hi there,
nice to hear from you. :)
sorry non of those names match up with any of my webbs, but thats not to say that they might as time goes by or that i may come accross them while im searching for my webbs.
wish i could be of help as i have seen your other threads and you dont seem to be having much luck trying to trace them.  ???
have you been to the ERO for a search?

happy hunting, good luck andrew
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby

Offline CitizenSmith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 22 June 09 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi all

If anyone has already obtained an original 1911 census page for their family at Bohemia Estate, there's a useful new facility now available at no extra cost  :) that shows you the surnames of the heads of household of all the other families living there. This was added at the end of last week.

To get this free info, you need to:

• Go to www.1911census.co.uk and register as usual

• Click on MY ACCOUNT at the top right of the page

• Click on MY RECORDS in the blue box on the left-hand side of the page

• You'll be presented with a list of all the pages you've viewed or downloaded to date.

• Click on the VIEW button beside any one.

• The image will appear with a number of new buttons above it. Click on the one labelled LIST.

• You'll then be presented with a a new image – a list of the surnames of the other heads of household who were neighbours living in the same street as your people.

It's very useful for finding out if your people were living in a tent or van on their own or living with other others in an encampment – and for the Bohemia/n Estate the LIST page shows there were 118 people living in 24 caravans and two tents by the surnames of:

Wayland
Wayland
Livermore
Osborne
Harriss (spelt like that)
Goody
Livermore
Smith
Smith
Buckley
Smith
Smith
Bukley (spelt like that)
Boswell
Draper
Taplin
Gray
Barr
Smith
Webb
Scarrott
Harriss
Bibby
Webb

Hope this helps!  :)

Best wishes

Sharon

Smith - East Anglia & Lancashire
Taylor - East Anglia
Draper
Hope
Shaw
Gray
Boswell
Lovell
Robinson
Chilcott
All Blackpool Gypsies
"Royal Epping Forest Gypsies": ball-giving group
"Borrow's Gypsies": the people that the novelist George Borrow (1803-1881) knew and wrote about

• RootsChat Senior
  • essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 22 June 09 20:49 BST (UK) »
thank you for that information, i tried it but i think you have to have opened the original view page as i dont have any "list" to view.  :'(
shame, never mind though. i am sure it will help someoneelse.
thanks again. ;D
buckley
webb
boswell (shadrack line)
pearse
lee
heron
bibby